Cox Arena in San Diego evacuated

There has been talk of terrorist activity for the last week and half surrounding the tournament. Gumble just reported that authoritites are clearing out the building and area until they get a firm grasp of what is in the package. Security is really lax for tournament events, so this doesnt surprise me, what does surprise me is that this has been known about for a couple weeks but yet, it didnt seem to hinder the scare.

Call Bauer.

I would imagine that the reports over the last week only hightened the scare, not reduced it. Because of those reports, a package which is probably just some sort of bag dropped somewhere will put the fear of God into everyone.

Yeah, they should be careful with packages, but I bet they wouldn't have evacuated the facility had it not been for the "alerts".

So can someone tell me how exactly you can have both the Marquette/Alabama and UCLA/Belmont games from the Oakland Regional and the Washington/Utah State and Illinois/Air Force games from the Washington D.C. regional in the same stadium (Cox Arena, S.D.)?

How can you have 2 regionals, based on opposite sides of the country, in the same stadium?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
Reports are that the games will be delayed by 2 hours....

This is a good thing. There should be an old-school late game on tonight.

s***, that puts the UCLA/Belmont game on at the same time as the Indiana/S.D. State game. Mother F***ing drug dogs. Now I'll almost guarantee you I won't get the IU game.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
So can someone tell me how exactly you can have both the Marquette/Alabama and UCLA/Belmont games from the Oakland Regional and  the Washington/Utah State and Illinois/Air Force games from the Washington D.C. regional in the same stadium (Cox Arena, S.D.)?

How can you have 2 regionals, based on opposite sides of the country, in the same stadium?

Pods. People.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
s***, that puts the UCLA/Belmont game on at the same time as the Indiana/S.D. State game.  Mother F***ing drug dogs.  Now I'll almost guarantee you I won't get the IU game.

UCLA Belmont game is game 2 in San Diego. The IU game is game 4 in SLC. Even with a 2-hour delay they won't conflict.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
UCLA Belmont game is game 2 in San Diego.  The IU game is game 4 in SLC.  Even with a 2-hour delay they won't conflict.

You're right, that's a relief...if everything starts on time. I'll probably miss the Zaga game, but the game i want to see with them is their loss on Saturday anyway.