The situation...

TheBigHurt

I haven't seen many updates. Does anyone know if any bullpen arms are being looked at for the Sox besides Logan? IIRC, There's only THREE fricki'' guys in the bullpen now in Jenks, Cotts, and Politte. It's funnmy how great the offseason started, and now with this, Scotts' supposed shoulder problem, Hermy's back gone, and even a possible problem with Count (not definite, but let's put this into perspective), it's now looking to be really horrible.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
I haven't seen many updates. Does anyone know if any bullpen arms are being looked at for the Sox besides Logan? IIRC, There's only THREE fricki'' guys in the bullpen now in Jenks, Cotts, and Politte. It's funnmy how great the offseason started, and now with this, Scotts' supposed shoulder problem, Hermy's back gone, and even a possible problem with Count (not definite, but let's put this into perspective), it's now looking to be really horrible.

Brandon McCarthy is another pretty good bullpen arm right now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 06:01 PM)
Brandon McCarthy is another pretty good bullpen arm right now.

I think he was implying a move to the rotation for McCarthy if Count is out for any length of time.

I'm fairly concerned about the bullpen right now - not panicky by any means, but I'd like to see how some of the current contenders fare against guys who'll be in the bigs come April.

I think he was implying a move to the rotation for McCarthy if Count is out for any length of time.

I'm fairly concerned about the bullpen right now - not panicky by any means, but I'd like to see how some of the current contenders fare against guys who'll be in the bigs come April.

All the more reason for KW to sign a guy like Osuna. If there is an injury to our rotation, McCarthy will have to move into the rotation and our bullpen will be further weakened. USA versus Mexico just started. Maybe Osuna will pitch an inning or two.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 12:42 AM)
All the more reason for KW to sign a guy like Osuna.  If there is an injury to our rotation, McCarthy will have to move into the rotation and our bullpen will be further weakened.  USA versus Mexico just started.  Maybe Osuna will pitch an inning or two.

Osuna isn't the answer.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 06:42 PM)
All the more reason for KW to sign a guy like Osuna.  If there is an injury to our rotation, McCarthy will have to move into the rotation and our bullpen will be further weakened.  USA versus Mexico just started.  Maybe Osuna will pitch an inning or two.

It certainly couldn't hurt to give a guy like Osuna another look.