Terrell Owens to the Cowboys?

http://www.klbk13.tv/sports/default.asp?mo...hownews&id=1461

Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys

( Air Date: 3/16/2006 )

Sources within the Dallas Cowboys have told the KLBK-13 Sports Department that the Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.

Owens was ran out of Philadelphia after bad-mouthing the Eagles organization and quarterback Donovan McNabb last season. Owens is also remembered for taunting the Dallas Cowboys and its fans on the "Texas Stadium Star" while he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers a few years ago.

Owens enters his 11th season in the NFL, and will play on his third

team in four years.

Cowboys | Report - Owens agrees to three-year deal with Dallas

Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:55:47 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, free agent WR Terrell Owens' (Eagles) agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has denied a report from KLBK-13 CBS TV in Lubbock, Texas, that Owens has agreed to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys. While Rosenhaus is denying the report, a source close to Owens has confirmed to FOXSports.com that Owens has agreed to a three-year deal and it will not be announced until the coming days.

:huh

Might not be false, I guess we will see

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
God no.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just what I want to see plastered all over my tv from now until hell freezes over is stupid ass Terrell Ownes.  The Dallas media has to be creaming their collective pants.

We've just signed possibly the biggest cancer in professional sports. I can't see him falling into line with Parcells hard line stance either.

Frankly they should have signed Eric Moulds instead, but Jerry had to have his man. And I'm guessing after all of the moves Dan Snyder and the Skins have made, Jerry's going to try and trump them with 1 move.

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
Haha, he cant even get along with a Pro Bowl QB in Donnovan McNabb... Cant wait to see what happens as he goes a season with sorry ass Drew Bledsoe

Bledsoe actually wasn't that bad for us last season. He just actually needs an offensive line to protect him. When Flozell "The Hotel" Adams went down, so did our chances.

Id say one reason D-Mac and TO didnt go together so well is because both wanted to be "the man" TO was fine with Garcia for a number of years and Garcia while had some good years was never as good as D-Mac. And if Parcells can handle Keyshawn than im sure TO wont be too much different.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 05:01 AM)
Bledsoe actually wasn't that bad for us last season. He just actually needs an offensive line to protect him. When Flozell "The Hotel" Adams went down, so did our chances.

That's exactly how it was with the Bills too. The guy's got a great arm, but he's a statue with a damn slow release. You put him in front of a solid O-Line and he'll make Peerless Price look like a pro-bowler (while still taking 2-3 sacks per game). You put him in front of a weakened offensive line, he'll take 5-6 sacks per game, and never complete a darn thing no matter who his receivers are.

Sadly I have to see Dallas on TV every week because I live in effin Texas, Bledsoe was very below average a lot of games.. Now he may be fine for now, but for the future no.. and for the sake of Terrell Owens, it might be a problem as well

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 03:32 AM)
That's exactly how it was with the Bills too.  The guy's got a great arm, but he's a statue with a damn slow release.  You put him in front of a solid O-Line and he'll make Peerless Price look like a pro-bowler (while still taking 2-3 sacks per game).  You put him in front of a weakened offensive line, he'll take 5-6 sacks per game, and never complete a darn thing no matter who his receivers are.

Which is why it's so damn important we upgrade this offensive line. I tell you one thing for's certain, Rob Pettiti won't be our starting RT this season that's for sure.

YIPPEE

The Dallas Morning News has confirmed the Cowboys have reached an agreement in principle with Terrell Owens.

There is no doubt about the story now. The contract will be very interesting to see. We'd expect a short-term deal with plenty of incentives based on playing each game. Owens has always played in a West Coast offense and Drew Bledsoe is a downgrade at quarterback, so the move may not be great for his stats. Mar. 18 - 1:13 am et

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 06:08 PM)
You've got one year to enjoy him.  He's gonna have to kiss ass for atleast this season.  But come year 2,  he'll be the T.O. we all despise.

I don't even give him a year myself. That's giving him too much credit.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
He's got to know this is his last chance.  I seem him being a model citizen for this year only.  After that,  it's gonna get ugly.

Which is why in a perfect world, I'd trade him after that 1 season, when his value is at its highest, but that'll never happen.

But after the moves we've made in terms of upgrading the line, I think Bledsoe could pass for 4000 yards next season, and this football team could win 11-12 games. The NFC East is going to be even better than it was last season. The Redskins have massively upgraded, so have the Boys, the Giants will be therabouts, but will probably depend on the Eli/Tiki combo, and then you've got the Eagles who dominated this division before last season.

Each team could easily win 10 games.

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
Sadly I have to see Dallas on TV every week because I live in effin Texas, Bledsoe was very below average a lot of games.. Now he may be fine for now, but for the future no.. and for the sake of Terrell Owens, it might be a problem as well

You would know then that Bledsoe was actually good/probowl quality until Flozell Adams was injured.

I think that Bledsoe will be better with TO catching his passes. Bledsoe loves to throw it deep, and TO loves to go deep, it is pretty much a good match. TO may hate on his quarterbacks, but you cannot deny that he makes them much better because of how available he is at all times. If the Cowboys line stays healthy, I can see a 11-13 win campaign for the 'Boys next year.