Terrell Owens to the Cowboys?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
3 years, $25 million? Has Jerry Jones been paying attention the last couple of years? The guy is a great talent, but has acted his way off of 3 teams. SF, the trade to Balt. and Philly. Nothing would please me more than if he were to continue his cancerous ways in the Big D.

It's basically a 1 year deal, and if the Boys want to keep him, they'll just pay the roster bonuses.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
You would know then that Bledsoe was actually good/probowl quality until Flozell Adams was injured.

Pro Bowl!? I dont think so. I did however see him make some costly turnovers that pretty much cost them the playoffs last year..

Dallas will not win 11 or 12 games this year.. The NFC East is going to be too good, and plus, I just hate Dallas so nothing would make me happier than seeing them fall on their faces again

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)
lets face it, Philly was the worst possible scenario that could have happened.  TO will pull his same s*** but not on as large of a scale as he did in Philly, so I expect him to lead the cowboys into the playoffs this year

Philly was the best possible scenario for him...a pro bowl QB in a passing offense? I don't see how that's not the best case scenario for him. He's now going to an even harsher head coach with a worse QB...if he pulls any s***, his ass will be out in 3 seconds.

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
Pro Bowl!? I dont think so. I did however see him make some costly turnovers that pretty much cost them the playoffs last year..

Dallas will not win 11 or 12 games this year.. The NFC East is going to be too good, and plus, I just hate Dallas so nothing would make me happier than seeing them fall on their faces again

Do you even know when Flozell went down? Better question, do you even know who Flozell Adams is?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)
Do you even know when Flozell went down? Better question, do you even know who Flozell Adams is?

Haha, im pretty sure I know more about football than you do.. Apparently you didnt watch every single Dallas game this season like I did

So sit there and think Drew Bledsoe is an All Pro QB, fine by me, but I know what I see and im pretty sure many other people would agree that Bledsoe is no longer one of the upper QB's in the league

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 12:49 AM)
Haha, im pretty sure I know more about football than you do.. Apparently you didnt watch every single Dallas game this season like I did

So sit there and think Drew Bledsoe is an All Pro QB, fine by me, but I know what I see and im pretty sure many other people would agree that Bledsoe is no longer one of the upper QB's in the league

Actually b4 Flozell went down Bledsoe was having a great season.... everyone really knows that with a good OL Bledsoe is a great QB with a bad one he is Kyle Orton esque.... With the Cowboys revamped O-Line and their numerous offensive weapons Id expect a big season out of Bledsoe.

Also its pretty ignorant to say I know more football than you when you dont know someone in real life.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
Actually b4 Flozell went down Bledsoe was having a great season.... everyone really knows that with a good OL Bledsoe is a great QB with a bad one he is Kyle Orton esque.... With the Cowboys revamped O-Line and their numerous offensive weapons Id expect a big season out of Bledsoe.

Also its pretty ignorant to say I know more football than you when you dont know someone in real life.

Bledsoe is not a great QB anymore no matter what kind of offensive line he is behind.. He turns the ball over way too much now (52 fumbles the past 4 years as opposed to 68 in his first 9 years) He is a statue in the pocket, and you cant blame just the OLine for his problems..

In their wins he had a QB rating of 105.4

In their losses it was 59.8

Is that the OLines fault? Or more like when Bledsoe is bad he is REAL bad..

Bledsoe had a rating of 70 or lower in ALL of their loses, I think you can hardly blame the Offensive Line for that.. An offensive line is either gonna be good for the most part or bad for the most part.. They arent going to go up and down from game to game like QB play can as seen above by the games Dallas won and Lost..

How about when it came down to crunch time and Dallas needed that extra win to get into the playoffs? In their last 5 games, 3 of them had Bledsoe with ratings of 36.9, 42.0, and 53.6.. All losses.

Like I said, Bledsoe is not a top QB anymore.. Sure, he is above average, but he is not gonna be leading Dallas deep into the playoffs. If Bledsoe had great ratings throughout the begining of the season and then tanked the rest of the season, sure, I might agree with you.. but thats not what happened..

4-2 with Flozell Adams

5-5 without Flozell Adams

Should be 6-4 without him if Bledsoe wouldnt have blown the Seattle game. Either way, im done arguing my point about Bledsoe. You guys can think what you want, I just dont agree with you..

And its just as ignorant to claim that I dont know someone because I dont agree with him on something.. I dont need to know someone in real life to see that they dont have much knowledge about something.

Edited by T R U

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
im pretty sure many other people would agree that Bledsoe is no longer one of the upper QB's in the league

Bledsoe is in the lower echelon of QBs in the league. He still has a cannon, but that's about all he has going for him at this point. He should not be a starting QB, yet he is...this is something I don't understand at all.

With a good offensive line, he is top 15...without a good OLine, he's one of the 5 worst in the game without a doubt in my mind.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
Bledsoe is in the lower echelon of QBs in the league.  He still has a cannon, but that's about all he has going for him at this point.  He should not be a starting QB, yet he is...this is something I don't understand at all.

With a good offensive line, he is top 15...without a good OLine, he's one of the 5 worst in the game without a doubt in my mind.

Thank you kind sir, now I shall begin on your Dolphins sig

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 02:06 AM)
Bledsoe is not a great QB anymore no matter what kind of offensive line he is behind.. He turns the ball over way too much now (52 fumbles the past 4 years as opposed to 68 in his first 9 years) He is a statue in the pocket, and you cant blame just the OLine for his problems..

Bledsoe had a rating of 70 or lower in ALL of their loses, I think you can hardly blame the Offensive Line for that.. An offensive line is either gonna be good for the most part or bad for the most part.. They arent going to go up and down from game to game like QB play can as seen above by the games Dallas won and Lost..

How about when it came down to crunch time and Dallas needed that extra win to get into the playoffs? In their last 5 games, 3 of them had Bledsoe with ratings of 36.9, 42.0, and 53.6.. All losses.

Like I said, Bledsoe is not a top QB anymore.. Sure, he is above average, but he is not gonna be leading Dallas deep into the playoffs. If Bledsoe had great ratings throughout the begining of the season and then tanked the rest of the season, sure, I might agree with you.. but thats not what happened..

4-2 with Flozell Adams

5-5 without Flozell Adams

Should be 6-4 without him if Bledsoe wouldnt have blown the Seattle game. Either way, im done arguing my point about Bledsoe. You guys can think what you want, I just dont agree with you..

And its just as ignorant to claim that I dont know someone because I dont agree with him on something.. I dont need to know someone in real life to see that they dont have much knowledge about something.

...... You can make assumptions but to claim to be smarter on a topic of something w/out ever meeting a person face to face or at least talking to them on aim or something on a somewhat regular basis it has no proof behind it. And if memory serves Bledsoe was having a good season b4 Flozell went down hell the record showed the Cowboys were doing better as a whole.

Now that I look back at it with Flozell Adams he only had 1 bad game. W/out him he had 6 bad games.... and being bad in 6 out of 10 games is kind of tanking and being good in 5 out of 6 is better than most QB's.... so maybe we see a connection here.

With a good O-line Bledsoe = near top of QB's

With a bad O-Line Bledsoe = near bottom of QB's

Dont get me wrong Im not saying he is anything like Manning, Brady, etc.... but with a good O-line he is still one of the top QB's in the league today.

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
He is a statue in the pocket, and you cant blame just the OLine for his problems..

4-2 with Flozell Adams

Just on these points, to show how important having Adams was, Bledsoe had a 101.25 QB rating in those first 6 games, when he had Flozell protecting his blindside.

Bledsoe suffered down the stretch because the protection from the like Rob Pettiti was getting worse and worse at the end of the season (if you saw Leonard Little own him like no tomorrow in the season finale you see why).

He's got his shortcomings no doubt. He's slow, he's getting older, and he hangs onto to the ball for too long. But if you give him time, he'll produce. And with some serious weapons in Owens, Glenn, Witten and Julius Jones, I can't see why Bledsoe can't have a good season, if the O-Line can stay healthy, and the likes of Fabini and Kosier provide improvements on the line as well.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
Just on these points, to show how important having Adams was, Bledsoe had a 101.25 QB rating in those first 6 games, when he had Flozell protecting his blindside.

Bledsoe suffered down the stretch because the protection from the like Rob Pettiti was getting worse and worse at the end of the season (if you saw Leonard Little own him like no tomorrow in the season finale you see why).

He's got his shortcomings no doubt. He's slow, he's getting older, and he hangs onto to the ball for too long. But if you give him time, he'll produce. And with some serious weapons in Owens, Glenn, Witten and Julius Jones, I can't see why Bledsoe can't have a good season, if the O-Line can stay healthy, and the likes of Fabini and Kosier provide improvements on the line as well.

Im not tryin to say Bledsoe cant have a good season or that he is a terrible quarterback.. but he isnt a pro bowl QB or one of the top QB's in the league

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 12:44 PM)
Im not tryin to say Bledsoe cant have a good season or that he is a terrible quarterback.. but he isnt a pro bowl QB or one of the top QB's in the league

But he was having a Pro Bowl season in those first 6 games. Then it went downhill because Flozell went down and we had no suitable replacements. Drew has defficiencies, and I'm not saying he's a top 3 QB in the league, but I say with a good O-Line, he's top 3 in the NFC. Top 5 at least.

And considering I'm a Dallas fan and have been for years and have the dish. Dallas is all I watch when they're on.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
But he was having a Pro Bowl season in those first 6 games. Then it went downhill because Flozell went down and we had no suitable replacements. Drew has defficiencies, and I'm not saying he's a top 3 QB in the league, but I say with a good O-Line, he's top 3 in the NFC. Top 5 at least.

And considering I'm a Dallas fan and have been for years and have the dish. Dallas is all I watch when they're on.

Having a pro bowl season and tanking the rest of the year doesnt make you a great QB.. and even so, he had plenty of good games without Flozell there as the season went on