Why trade Colon??!!

Iguana

Id hate to trade Colon, but Im just guessing in a firesale with the money hes asking for hed be gone quick. :(

And he is becoming one of my favorite players. Complete game machine and a workhorse. He has four complete games and hes already thrown 80 IP...

When they realize that this building a team around scoring runs idea has failed....... they're going to figure out that pitching and defense are going to win you that.

Colon Buehrle Loaiza (and hell I'll throw Garland in there as well he's been strong lately) they equal the first part of the equation. now sure up that defense and I think we'll still have some of our hitting to be sufficient.

When they realize that this building a team around scoring runs idea has failed....... they're going to figure out that pitching and defense are going to win you that.

Colon Buehrle Loaiza (and hell I'll throw Garland in there as well he's been strong lately) they equal the first part of the equation. now sure up that defense and I think we'll still have some of our hitting to be sufficient.

I figure that if Garland's value rises in the next 2 months to where he is actually very attractive to another team(such as, say, the Red Sox), we trade him....and get some very good prospects. We then keep Colon and resign him in the offseason.

I'm sure JR will realize that with Colon's 8 million + price tag :rolleyes:

If anything..... and this is a HUGE stretch, JR will keep MB and Loaiza and build around them. If JR "white flags", look for Colon, MB, AND LOAIZA to be dealt for prospects to a real contender.

I'm not gonna call for a fire sale until at least the end of June.  I still think we can win with the players we have.  They just have to come together and play as a team.  Once that happens, the sky's the limit.

Someone please bring this woman out of denial!! :P

No s***. Even if this team did get it's crap together and somehow, by some act of nature or God, won the AL Central..... 3 and out. BOOK IT!

This team has about as good of a chance of winning the central, as i do of taking my ex girlfriend back. SLIM AND f***ING NONE!!!

Guest hotsoxchick1
No s***. Even if this team did get it's crap together and somehow, by some act of nature or God, won the AL Central..... 3 and out. BOOK IT!

lmao.. ill no s*** that one too... heather girlfriend... we arent gonna make it to next week with the way things have been going .........the white flag is on the pole and raising upwards as we type............ :headbang