Snakes on a Plane: Official Thread

KipWellsFan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lifted from some dudes blog:

Oh god, yes

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the fan-based underground support for Snakes on a Plane has become so great that the filmmakers are now doing a reshoot to include more action sequences... as well as calling Samuel L. Jackson back in so he can actually say in the movie "snakes on a motherf***ing plane."

This could very well end up the greatest movie ever made by anyone, ever.

From imdb (adding onto Jim's source)

Jackson's Snake Film Creates Huge Buzz

Samuel L. Jackson's new mile-high thriller Snakes On A Plane has created such a buzz among internet film fans, movie bosses have called for re-shoots - to give the film a tougher rating. The film, which stars Jackson as an FBI agent trying to keep a federal witness alive onboard a plane full of snakes, wrapped last September - but went back before the cameras earlier this month for five days of additional shooting. Film bosses at distributor New Line Cinema opted to add new scenes to the film to take the movie from PG-13 into R-rated territory, according to industry magazine The Hollywood Reporter. They claim the second round of filming became necessary after intense and growing fan interest in the film, which is scheduled to be released this summer. Among the reported additions to the film is a foul-mouthed rant from Jackson in which his agent character bellows, "I want these motherf**king snakes off the motherf**king plane!" The line is expected to take on cult status. The film-makers have reportedly added more gore, more deaths, more nudity and more snakes to the finished product.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 09:48 AM)

Samuel L. Jackson's new mile-high thriller Snakes On A Plane has created such a buzz among internet film fans, movie bosses have called for re-shoots - to give the film a tougher rating. The film, which stars Jackson as an FBI agent trying to keep a federal witness alive onboard a plane full of snakes, wrapped last September - but went back before the cameras earlier this month for five days of additional shooting. Film bosses at distributor New Line Cinema opted to add new scenes to the film to take the movie from PG-13 into R-rated territory, according to industry magazine The Hollywood Reporter. They claim the second round of filming became necessary after intense and growing fan interest in the film, which is scheduled to be released this summer. Among the reported additions to the film is a foul-mouthed rant from Jackson in which his agent character bellows, "I want these motherf**king snakes off the motherf**king plane!" The line is expected to take on cult status. The film-makers have reportedly added more gore, more deaths, more nudity and more snakes to the finished product.

This is truly a must see for me now. I'm a big fan of Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 08:48 AM)

ha...a fan-made film basically. Studio allowed them to make it R rated because of fan interest. Now if fans showed this much interests for other movies before they even come out.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
ha...a fan-made film basically.  Studio allowed them to make it R rated because of fan interest.  Now if fans showed this much interests for other movies before they even come out.

Put Sam Jackson and an assload of snakes into every movie and there would be interest. :bang

The only force that can stop the momentum of this movie is its release date.

IMO, August 18 is too far away. Even bmags has to admit five months of "MOTHERf***ING SNAKES!" is pushing it. :D

If New Line Cinema would releases this movie in June it would pull in respectable box-office numbers.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 01:50 AM)

IMO, August 18 is too far away. Even bmags has to admit five months of "MOTHERf***ING SNAKES!" is pushing it.  :D

If New Line Cinema would releases this movie in June it would pull in respectable box-office numbers.

i agree...but ... it is right before i head back to schoo...thats a f***in treat right there

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)

IMO, August 18 is too far away. Even bmags has to admit five months of "MOTHERf***ING SNAKES!" is pushing it.  :D

Fearless, Apacalypto, and the World Trade Center movie are all scheduled to come out then, along with Clerks II. I think it can pull respectable numbers up against these movies. who knows though? :huh

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)
anyone not want to see that 9/11 movie? cause i'm thinking i don't think i could see it without thinking they made money off a tragedy so soon after a tragedy that the story didn't yet need to be told

except what if the story that we all know isnt the real story? thats the thing.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
except what if the story that we all know isnt the real story?  thats the thing.

especially that but i was scared of the backlash if i called it stupid factless propoganda