Snakes on a Plane: Official Thread

KipWellsFan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bmags @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
soxy did i ever tell you the time i shook hands with chomsky and was gonna ask a question but figured he'd call it stupid.

No I was not informed of this.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 02:21 AM)
No I was not informed of this.

well...long story short, he came to mizzou, my friend had an interview with him...i tagged along...was told to wait outside during interview...then he came out and i said "an honor to meet you...ehhaofh" that was the beginning of a question i've since blocked out of my mind...he then looked at me and said "whats your name" and i said " ben" and he said "nice... to... meet...you" and walked away...

WILD.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
the movie opens in some places at 10 PM tonight who is going?

I'm going to tomorrow's 8:30 PM showing, since my brother is coming here tomorrow afternoon and he wants to see it too. I cannot wait.

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)
anyone not want to see that 9/11 movie? cause i'm thinking i don't think i could see it without thinking they made money off a tragedy so soon after a tragedy that the story didn't yet need to be told

Oliver Stone would be interested in making money off of it. Paul Greengrass, however, who made Flight 93, is one of the few directors that can pull off a 9/11 movie, and did. I will not bother to see Stone's version, but if anyone wants to see a 9/11 flick, Flight 93 is very, very good.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
I have a lot of friends that actually want to see this crap.... and I just dont know whats wrong w/ the world now....

It's a cult film with a title that will either enthrall you with entertainment value or not. There's no middle ground about the film.

Not everybody likes Army of Darkness or other cult films like that. It's a niche film and I think it is going to do very well for a niche film.

Just got back!!!

I know it goes without saying, but it was indeed the greatest movie of all-time. The theater was sold out, and as soon as the movie started and Samuel L's name flashed across the screen, everyone got up to give a standing ovation. It was crazy! I've never seen such a crowd reaction to a movie. The crowd was nuts through the entire movie, clapping when ever Mr. Jackson said a word, or screaming out "SNAKES!!!" whenever appropriate. Oh, man when he said the line, the enitre theater just erupted, and you couldn't even here the rest of his speech. Unfortunatly, the credits at the end had to roll sometime, but not before more standing O's.

I'd give it 96 stars out of 4

We mine as well skip the best actor award for Samuel L because it's too obvious. Instead, just give him his lifetime achievment award now- as he'll never be better than he was in this movie(unless there is a sequel of course).

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
Just got back!!!

I know it goes without saying, but it was indeed the greatest movie of all-time. The theater was sold out, and as soon as the movie started and Samuel L's name flashed across the screen, everyone got up to give a standing ovation. It was crazy! I've never seen such a crowd reaction to a movie. The crowd was nuts through the entire movie, clapping when ever Mr. Jackson said a word, or screaming out "SNAKES!!!" whenever appropriate. Oh, man when he said the line, the enitre theater just erupted, and you couldn't even here the rest of his speech. Unfortunatly, the credits at the end had to roll sometime, but not before more standing O's.

I'd give it 96 stars out of 4

We mine as well skip the best actor award for Samuel L because it's too obvious. Instead, just give him his lifetime achievment award now- as he'll never be better than he was in this movie(unless there is a sequel of course).

I went to the sneak preview tonight becuase my brother is leaving for school tomorrow and he wanted to see it. Let me say it was the first, and last, sneak preview I will ever go to. I just cant stand people clapping in movies, I hate it. Every time Jackson killed a snake everybody had to clap. I guess I couldnt judge the movie accurately because the crowd, but it was decent. I guess it was what I expected, I like how they mixed in some comedy.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 02:21 AM)
It's a cult film with a title that will either enthrall you with entertainment value or not. There's no middle ground about the film.

Not everybody likes Army of Darkness or other cult films like that. It's a niche film and I think it is going to do very well for a niche film.

Im not a diehard fan of Army of Darkness but it was a movie I could still enjoy sort of. As in I didnt neccesarily love but I didnt hate it and it didnt look just flat out retarded like Snakes on a PLane lol.....The only way that movie would be mildly interesting if you were mad drunk.

Just got back. On a scale of 10, I give it a 87324987247326472434.

So amazing. It wasn't cinematic genius on an art film level but just a great popcorn and soda having action Hollywood blockbuster that was different in the fact that it involved the fans in the sculpting of the film.

It was genuinely entertaining and a whole lot of fun to watch. They offered Snakes on a Plane with Sam Jackson and you definitely get snakes on a plane with Sam Jackson.