Sox-Brewers Official Game Thread

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
Everything doesn't revolve around making the big league team. Players are trying to impress, move up in the system and get their shot at higher levels.

Again, this game means nothing. He'll have plenty of chances in the minors to prove his worth. The guy pitched at what Rookie ball last year? Nobody expects him to hang with major league hitters at this point.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
I think Ozzie would rather have the kid throw some strikes and check out his stuff.  He would rather have a kid get lit up and challenge someone, than do what we just witnessed . ie: Nibble like a gerbil around the strikezone, walk the bases loaded then the next guy does the same thing and a crooked number goes up.

That's my point. Getting rocked would have been fine. But our staff/FO hates when guys can't throw strikes. You expect him to get lit up, but you want him to throw strikes anyway.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
He was released from the Rockies in 2004.  Traded from the Rangers to the Cardinals last year.  Who promptly released him in a month.  Then the diamonbacks picked him up, but their bullpen was terrible.

Nunez velocity has dropped noticeably after only his second inning of work. That's not encouraging. He was throwing 92 with movement when he first appeared, and his breaking ball was biting. However, doesn't matter much if you're all over the damn plate.

Nunez does have a bit of Vizcaino in him with the breaking ball love-affair.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
Kid can barely follow through with his swing, yet drives in a run. LOL.

Mr. Nunez is trying to use this to make the team.

meatball.jpg

Its the first ST app for Mr. Meatball. I thought I had retired him when Viz was traded.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
See, I dont' know why Guillen doesn't find Logan work right here.

It's an unfamilar situation with runners on base--one in scoring position. And above everything else, Brewers still have several regulars in the lineup.

I don't think he travelled today.

Tracey looked good there. Kept the ball down for the most part. His fastball had some life on it. He needs to do more of that.

I picked a good year not to go to ST. Its pretty cool down there this year.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
Tracey looked good there.  Kept the ball down for the most part. His fastball had some life on it. He needs to do more of that.

I picked a good year not to go to ST.  Its pretty cool down there this year.

Supposed to be really nice the final two weeks.

Widge hits a line drive to short RF and the run scores. 7-6 brewers.

Almanza I think is pitching.

Sweeney has a nice plate presence. He works a 3-2 after going down 0-2. Then gets a good swing on a 3-2 breaking pitch and lifts a fly ball for an out.