Sox-Brewers Official Game Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
It's not like the guy had a chance in hell of making the team.

That's not the point. He's trying to impress the organization to help down the road. They'll remember that he couldn't throw strikes. That'll hurt him a little down the road.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
That's not the point. He's trying to impress the organization to help down the road. They'll remember that he couldn't throw strikes. That'll hurt him a little down the road.

Richard has no chance of making the team this or even next year. I might even go as far to say '08 as well. This performance doesn't mean anything.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
Is Nunez a spring training invitee or a minor league arm? I like his stuff--nice movement on his fastball and breaking pitches. Jenkins looked foolish on two in particular.

He pitched for the Marlins a while back.

He is a Thriller/Vizcaino clone, however they both had better stuff than Nunez.

And as I am posting this, just like Thriller he lets all of the inherited runners score.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
Richard has no chance of making the team this or even next year.  I might even go as far to say '08 as well.  This performance doesn't mean anything.

Everything doesn't revolve around making the big league team. Players are trying to impress, move up in the system and get their shot at higher levels.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
Everything doesn't revolve around making the big league team. Players are trying to impress, move up in the system and get their shot at higher levels.

I think Ozzie would rather have the kid throw some strikes and check out his stuff. He would rather have a kid get lit up and challenge someone, than do what we just witnessed . ie: Nibble like a gerbil around the strikezone, walk the bases loaded then the next guy does the same thing and a crooked number goes up.

Edited by southsideirish71