Sox-Brewers Official Game Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
Was able to see a few innings, and really liked what I saw from Mack and Cintron. There going to fit in GREAT with the Sox.

I think Cintron is going to get a lot of playing time at 2nd base.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
I think Cintron is going to get a lot of playing time at 2nd base.

Yah, if Iguchi gets hurt. There is no reason to think otherwise. Unless you are going on spring results. And I don't think any sensible poster here would do that.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
Yah, if Iguchi gets hurt. There is no reason to think otherwise. Unless you are going on spring results. And I don't think any sensible poster here would do that.

I'm not going by spring results. I don't even know what his average is. I think Cintron can really help against tough righties with sliders. I'd love to see Ozzie play Cintron at 2b and Mackowiak at 3b against these types of pitchers (even though Mackowiak will likely be used in the outfield).

Also, did anyone catch an update on Gload's injury? Hawk said it was a knee injury.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
Relax. While I dont want to speak for Fathom, Iguchi is being thrown into a new spot in the order, being asked to do something alot different than last year, just entering his 2nd season, and also is still adjusting to American baseball as a whole. On top of that, he has struggled badly at the plate while trying new things this spring.

Cintron looked great in the WBC, and has done almost everything right in the short time he has been in camp with us.

Anything small gripe about this team and you take offense. Settle down.

What are you talking about. I don't have anything against Cintron. He'll be a very solid backup. All I was saying to fathom was that Cintron won't see a lot of time at 2b (no more than Ozuna last year) because Iguchi is at 2b.

I don't have any gripe about anything. ANd I didn't take offense at anything. I'm not sure what you are talking about.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
You say you think Cintron is going to play 2b alot.

I believe we are going to see Mackowiak in CF alot next season, and im a B.A. fan...

I'd just like to see Mackowiak get 15 starts or so at 3rd base, and especially against tough sliders like that of Clement, Bonderman, etc.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
What are you talking about. I don't have anything against Cintron. He'll be a very solid backup. All I was saying to fathom was that Cintron won't see a lot of time at 2b (no more than Ozuna last year) because Iguchi is at 2b.

I don't have any gripe about anything. ANd I didn't take offense at anything. I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I don't think Ozuna started more than one or two games at 2nd base last year. He had 11 total AB at that position.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
I don't think Ozuna started more than one or two games at 2nd base last year.  He had 11 total AB at that position.

I meant Willie. too lazy to edit. Didn't know I'd have to.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
And Fathom obviously has concerns that Iguchi wont make it the whole season as the 2b, and while I think Iguchi will be fine, I actually understand where a thought like that would come from.

You however eluded that anyone who doesnt think Iguchi will be the 2b all season isnt a sensible poster.

No. That's not what I said at all. I said anyone who looks at spring results and determies otherwise isn't a sensible poster. Lemme go back and look and see if that's what I said.....Yep.

Iguchi will start 130+ games at second unless he is hitting under .200, which is nearly impossible to assume.

So if you think 30 starts is a lot for Cintron, I suppose he could see a lot of time at 2nd.

QUOTE(Timoperezrulez @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
I missed the 9th inning of the game today, can somebody sum it up for me?

This should sum it up...

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
Who the f*** is Augustin Montero

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
Ozzie is in a VERY good position when it comes to his bench. There are MANY different things he can do to make the lineup better suited for the opposing pitcher on an everyday basis.

It should also keep Crede, Iguchi, Uribe, Anderson, and maybe even Scott(if Mack gets time in LF) all fresh for the whole season.

Agreed. The bench is very interchangeable this season.