Computer help needed...DVD burner problem.

Kid Gleason

My burner is able to still do CD burns and play CD's, but it has stopped being able to recognize DVD's. I put one into the player, and nothing happens. Some programs come back with an error telling me the disc is not a DVD.

I have tried re-installing the drivers, and I have even tried re-installing a few of the DVD programs I have, but to no avail.

Anybody have any ideas?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 11:55 AM)
My burner is able to still do CD burns and play CD's, but it has stopped being able to recognize DVD's. I put one into the player, and nothing happens. Some programs come back with an error telling me the disc is not a DVD.

I have tried re-installing the drivers, and I have even tried re-installing a few of the DVD programs I have, but to no avail.

Anybody have any ideas?

Is it happening for all of the DVD's you place in that drive. Can you play a regular DVD?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
Nope, no recognition of DVD's at all.

Well considering that the company went out of business(so you cant call support), firmware, and reinstalling drivers didnt help. I would try and pick up an inexpensive replacement. You can get double layer DVD burners for less than $75 now.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
Well considering that the company went out of business(so you cant call support), firmware, and reinstalling drivers didnt help.  I would try and pick up an inexpensive replacement.  You can get double layer DVD burners for less than $75 now.

Yeah, that's what I am thinking I am going to have to do. But I am hoping to not have to do that, as even $75 is a little tough to find right now. Anybody want to start a charity fund for me? :D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
Yeah, that's what I am thinking I am going to have to do. But I am hoping to not have to do that, as even $75 is a little tough to find right now. Anybody want to start a charity fund for me?  :D

say you are running the chicago marathon