Joe Borchard Traded to Seattle

retro1983hat

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 08:28 AM)
Longest Homer in USCF history: Joe Borchard

Biggest bust in White Sox history: Joe Borchard

Given what we got for him, it appears that Seattle's scouts have been doing their homework.

QUOTE(bschmaranz @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
I guess they obviously weren't planning on keeping him on the roster so Kenny got SOMETHING for him.  Who knows, if Coop can help this guy with his control he might be SOMETHING.

Yeah, he better work his magic. Looks like he sucked in the minor leagues as well.

This doesn't guarantee Thornton a spot on the roster does it? I was kind of looking forward to them giving Logan a shot at it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
I'm kinda sad to see Borch go, as he was a truely nice guy, and I really wanted to see him feed some crow to some of the more bitter anti-Joe crowd.  Hopefully he does something in Seattle, and we can here about how Kenny was stupid to make that deal...

Joe is a nice guy, but he happens to suck at baseball. I'm not too worried about us regretting letting him go.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
clocked as high as 97mph with no control

maybe coop can get him under control ala Jenks.

This is a low risk/high reward type move for the sox.  If they can get him under control sometime this year, he has a hell of an arm.

I've seen him pitch a lot, and he's more in the 92 mph range consistently. He does have a very good arm though. I think we faced him in his MLB debut as a starter, and only beat him cause of control issues.