Whitesoxin' wants to know....

whitesoxin'

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 01:17 AM)
i don't think i've ever felt i've done a drug to fit in. Curiosity is what kills the cat. I do both and i don't think much of it. I think its far less of a moral issue than its made out to be. I have a bunch of friends that don't drink or anything and we respect them for it and they don't question us. True friends wouldn't pressure somebody to go against their convictions. But yeah i doubt more than 30% of high school kids both smoke and drink on a regular basis.

Curiosity has been my only motivation. I think drugs are like Russian roulette, some people can do them occasionally and not get hooked and have it take over their lives and some people can't. The problem is, you never know which person you are until you try them and if there is a bullet in the chamber, you're f***ed.

I guess I've been lucky in that I've tried some potentially addictive drugs out of curiosity and never got hooked.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 08:49 AM)
Curiosity has been my only motivation.  I think drugs are like Russian roulette, some people can do them occasionally and not get hooked and have it take over their lives and some people can't.  The problem is, you never know which person you are until you try them and if there is a bullet in the chamber, you're f***ed.

I guess I've been lucky in that I've tried some potentially addictive drugs out of curiosity and never got hooked.

I think I might be the type of person that doesn't get addictated to anything. I tried smoking cigarettes for about a week when I was younger. I didn't like the last one I had anymore than the first one. I certainly didn't get any kind of a buzz from them either.

I guess I'm weird because I'm not affected by alcohol or nicotine.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
I think I might be the type of person that doesn't get addictated to anything. I tried smoking cigarettes for about a week when I was younger. I didn't like the last one I had anymore than the first one. I certainly didn't get any kind of a buzz from them either.

I guess I'm weird because I'm not affected by alcohol or nicotine.

I'm the same way. I refuse to believe that a drug is addictive to 100% of users from the 1st try. You always read stats on addicts, I'd like to hear how many people have tried things once or twice and didn't get hooked, or just party 'recreationally'. I know people who party like rock stars on Saturday nights, but on Monday morning they are at work at 7:30 am and ready to go and they stay pretty much clean during the week, except for a beer or two at a happy hour. . They also have careers, homes, cars, families and apparently some 'play' money.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 10:28 AM)
I'm the same way.  I refuse to believe that a drug is addictive to 100% of users from the 1st try.  You always read stats on addicts, I'd like to hear how many people have tried things once or twice and didn't get hooked, or just party 'recreationally'.  I know people who party like rock stars on Saturday nights, but on Monday morning they are at work at 7:30 am and ready to go and they stay pretty much clean during the week, except for a beer or two at a happy hour.  .  They also have careers, homes, cars, families and apparently some 'play' money.

This is a pretty good read on how drugs and booze don't necessarily screw up your lives. It's from the anti "Just say no" viewpoint, if you will.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 08:11 AM)
Yep. A group of golfers were on the prowl. At one point they tried to follow the girls in to the bathroom. The cops ended up being called because they got pissed when they stopped serving them. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Sounds to me like the staff waited a bit too long to stop serving them.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
Sounds to me like the staff waited a bit too long to stop serving them.

They seemed as though they were still pretty sober when they tried to follow them. It was a few hours later after they ate that the cops were called.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
I worked at a Pizza place in college, and for some reason smoking coke off of aluminum foil(poor mans crack) became very popular for a good portion of the people I worked with.  It was really hard to watch some of my friends get sucked into that vortex.  It was watching them do that, and the subsequent reactions, that really made me decide that I will never have any part of coke.

You forgot to mention how well potheads tip. :bang

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
You forgot to mention how well potheads tip.  :bang

No, I didnt forget anything. College kids dont tip, pot or not. Some of them dont know to tip, others dont care to tip, and even more like to flaunt how much money is in their wallet and stiff you completely. The worst is when i would see some of the jerk non-tippers out when I wasnt working, and they would recognize me and say hi or smile at me. f*** that. I had no problem being rude to people who were rude to me.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
No, I didnt forget anything.  College kids dont tip, pot or not.  Some of them dont know to tip, others dont care to tip, and even more like to flaunt how much money is in their wallet and stiff you completely.    The worst is when i would see some of the jerk non-tippers out when I wasnt working, and they would recognize me and say hi or smile at me.  f*** that.  I had no problem being rude to people who were rude to me.

Really?

I have seen my roommates high as a kite give double for their pizza. One time it was $2 for each flight of stairs. (we Lived on the 4th floor.)

I used to do it alot during my high school days (still do both from time to time.) My mother never forgave my uncle cause he was the one who made me sip alittle alcohol to help go to sleep at the "tender" age of 4. I apperently liked it alot, been drinking ever since. Smoked that green when I was a sophmore when my friends kept pressuring me. Never was into squares that much but occasionaly do that too. Never did coke like 90% of my friends though. I'm not THAT much of an idiot. I used to talk to a poster here who also smoked weed back in the day alot as well, and he knows where I'm comming from. Too bad he doesn't post here much anymore (still trying to remember the posters' name.) I would say friends, strangers, family members, some cartoons, the enviroment you live in (I live deep in the southside) and even music can influence a person on doing some of those things. Like one poster already posted smokin weed isnt as bad as drinking unless if it was cigarettes.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
Really?

I have seen my roommates high as a kite give double for their pizza.  One time it was $2 for each flight of stairs. (we Lived on the 4th floor.)

Those guys were the exception to the rule. There are scattered big tippers(and by big, I dont mean double the price of the pizza. I mean 15 percent or better) around the town, but a majority of the customers are not big tippers, if they are tippers at all.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
Really?

I have seen my roommates high as a kite give double for their pizza.  One time it was $2 for each flight of stairs. (we Lived on the 4th floor.)

We always smoked the pizza guy up, and let him chill for awhile as well. Delivering pizza sucks, I did it for a week and I ended up losing money.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
We always smoked the pizza guy up, and let him chill for awhile as well.  Delivering pizza sucks, I did it for a week and I ended up losing money.

yeah i can't imagine with these gas prices anyone making money.

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
yeah i can't imagine with these gas prices anyone making money.

gas was the least of my worries. I was always worried about brakes, shocks, suspension, tires(both popped and just plain worn out), bad radiator, 2 stolen radios, 150 stolen cds, 1 stolen amp, and broken oil reservoir seals. Oh, and then there was the time my timing chain broke. Then the gas prices shot through the roof. Safe to say Im glad I dont do that anymore.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
gas was the least of my worries.  I was always worried about brakes, shocks, suspension, tires(both popped and just plain worn out), bad radiator, 2 stolen radios, 150 stolen cds, 1 stolen amp, and broken oil reservoir seals.  Oh, and then there was the time my timing chain broke.    Then the gas prices shot through the roof.  Safe to say Im glad I dont do that anymore.

if i wanted to hear someone whine i'd go talk to a conservative