Whitesoxin' wants to know....

whitesoxin'

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
Oh, and I have never smoked weed in my life. Not ALL teenagers do it.

Same here. I also never drank before I turned 21. Except maybe a wine cooler or 2. I very rarely drink anyway and (as hard as my friends tried at my bachelor party) have never been drunk.

Funny because most of my friends in high school did one or the other or both. Neither of my parents drank or smoked and I think that may have been a large factor in it. My friends that drink had parents that drank...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
I'll agree with this but add one caveat - don't go out and drive a car after doing either one.  There's no excuse for that kind of recklessness and stupidity.

That aside, no harm, no foul.

I'd like to add women on cell phones into that mix.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
Same here. I also never drank before I turned 21. Except maybe a wine cooler or 2. I very rarely drink anyway and (as hard as my friends tried at my bachelor party) have never been drunk.

Funny because most of my friends in high school did one or the other or both. Neither of my parents drank or smoked and I think that may have been a large factor in it. My friends that drink had parents that drank...

My parents (well, father, really) played a big part in why I don't srink or smoke. I have experienced the ugly side of being drunk from my father. I have too many horror stories from that bastard. And smoking is just stupid period. Weed or cigarettes.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
The thing is I'm not even tempted to smoke or drink whatsoever. I was just talking to my friend last night who was amazed that I have never felt the urge to do either. I was wondering if I was the only one, because up until this year most of the people I hung out with never did it, and now boom they are addicted to pot smoking everyday and on the weekends doing both. Even my close friend who is going to be a minister is becomming a stoner. I just wanted to see if it is that hard for everyone else to stay clean.

You're not the only one. I was (still am) the exact same way. I went to a few "parties" with my friends and sat and watched people get drunk or stoned with no urge at all to join in.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 05:24 PM)
I cannot agree with you more on that point.  I have been drunk to the point where I didnt know, nor did I remember what I did.

Ask any stoner if he ever blacked out before from smoking weed, and then ask an alcoholic if he ever blacked out before from drinking. We both know the answers to those questions.

And Whitesoxin', when I say to each their own I am saying that you shouldnt let your friends pressure you into something you dont feel is right. If you are curious and the opportunity presents itself, im sure you will know what you should do in that situation. I never drank a drop of alcohol until I went to college, never smoked until I was past 21.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 05:27 PM)
You're not the only one. I was (still am) the exact same way. I went to a few "parties" with my friends and sat and watched people get drunk or stoned with no urge at all to join in.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Never smoked pot. But I've gotten "contact high" many times - good old Jimmy Buffet concerts :lol: But I never hung around with people who did it, so it wasn't an issue in my teens. One time, in my late 20's which is strangely when I all of a sudden knew a ton of people who did it, Jim and I were at a house warming party and a group was outside smoking. The host walks in from getting stoned, walks right into her kitchen wall, falls backwards, hit her head on the corner of her granite counter top and 5 hours and 31 stitches later was nursing a bad headache. That was enough for me to stick to my guns and not "smoke".

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 06:29 PM)
Plus when your sober and hanging around at a party with a bunch of drunk people, it can be really fun to completely mess with their minds...  :D

Some drunk people are funny, others are dangerous. Pick your spots.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
Never smoked pot. But I've gotten "contact high" many times - good old Jimmy Buffet concerts  :lol:  But I never hung around with people who did it, so it wasn't an issue in my teens. One time, in my late 20's which is strangely when I all of a sudden knew a ton of people who did it, Jim and I were at a house warming party and a group was outside smoking. The host walks in from getting stoned, walks right into her kitchen wall, falls backwards, hit her head on the corner of her granite counter top and 5 hours and 31 stitches later was nursing a bad headache. That was enough for me to stick to my guns and not "smoke".

pwnt noob!!!!!

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
Never smoked pot. But I've gotten "contact high" many times - good old Jimmy Buffet concerts  :lol:  But I never hung around with people who did it, so it wasn't an issue in my teens. One time, in my late 20's which is strangely when I all of a sudden knew a ton of people who did it, Jim and I were at a house warming party and a group was outside smoking. The host walks in from getting stoned, walks right into her kitchen wall, falls backwards, hit her head on the corner of her granite counter top and 5 hours and 31 stitches later was nursing a bad headache. That was enough for me to stick to my guns and not "smoke".

My grandma did something similiar while drinking, but it involved stairs.

She ended up laying at the bottom and proudly proclaiming "I didn't spill my drink!" while blood gushed from her forehead...

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
Real relationship >>>>>>>>> messing around with a drunk chick.

When i see someone messing around with a drunk girl ( like if the girl has no f***ing clue what is going on) i put a stop to it. Have a couple guys around here that get too touchy feeling when they are drinking...

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:32 PM)
pwnt noob!!!!!

Sadly... they aren't. Seasoned, and into coke also.

That s*** just makes no sense to me. I've got better things to spend my hard earned $$ on.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
Some drunk people are funny, others are dangerous. Pick your spots.

I usually know the people and they're usually "happy drunks". It's always good when you end up with them saying "You're messing with me aren't you? I'm drunk. Don't mess with my head while I'm drunk." Then they give you a big hug and tell you they love you...

:P

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 05:34 PM)
When i see someone messing around with a drunk girl ( like if the girl has no f***ing clue what is going on) i put a stop to it. Have a couple guys around here that get too touchy feeling when they are drinking...

Ok good I thought by having a good time you meant takin advantage of a drunken girl. That sadly is a lot of guys motives for drinking.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 05:34 PM)

You must be referring to "that" girl who sits in the recliner with her eyes half-open, half-closed with a stupid grin on her face while everyone stands around. We had to sit my roomate next to those chicks to make sure they didnt get molested or worse during parties. Sometimes the scum that drifts into college parties is unbelievable.

I worked as a bartender throughout college and 2 years out of college, and i still dabble part time by my condo. Being around abnoxious drunks all day long and in your spare time, makes you regulate your alcohol usage after awhile.

Everyone can argue points, or tell stories, but really, to each their own. IM sure there will be a lot of both kinds of people hanging out at the season ticket holder patio party on 4.4

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)

That s*** just makes no sense to me. I've got better things to spend my hard earned $$ on.

Now coke is a whole different issue. If that ever comes up, dont f***ing try it. That is the most addictive drug out there, and it detroys your life and others around you. Thats a huge f***ing no no.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)

Never even dabbled in coke. For something that costs that much for that little bit and with such a shortly sustained effect, it never even was mildly interesting to me. Plus, I had to have my nose cauterized when I was in high school because of chronic bloody noses, and I had no interest in burning up my sinuses ever again for any reason whatsoever.