Whitesoxin' wants to know....

whitesoxin'

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
You must be referring to "that" girl who sits in the recliner with her eyes half-open, half-closed with a stupid grin on her face while everyone stands around.    We had to sit my roomate next to those chicks to make sure they didnt get molested or worse during parties.  Sometimes the scum that drifts into college parties is unbelievable.

Not just college parties... we saw 2 girls nearly get date raped at the effing Ruth Chris in Scottsdale last week. I could not believe my eyes. Some real scumbags out there.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
IM sure there will be a lot of both kinds of people hanging out at the season ticket holder patio party on 4.4

As long as it's not like Soxfest where "sombody" walked up to the table in the bar and proclaimed "I'm going upstairs to have sex!"

:D

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
Now coke is a whole different issue.  If that ever comes up, dont f***ing try it.  That is the most addictive drug out there, and it detroys your life and others around you.  Thats a huge f***ing no no.

No worries there. I have a cousin - one we haven't seen in years who wears the "black sheep" sweater - who came to a wedding strung out when I was about 14. It was not a pretty picture and scared the s*** out of me. We leave if we see that s*** going on.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
I usually know the people and they're usually "happy drunks". It's always good when you end up with them saying "You're messing with me aren't you? I'm drunk. Don't mess with my head while I'm drunk." Then they give you a big hug and tell you they love you...

:P

My favorites are the ones who think they can speak a new language when they are drunk. And I have seen the people, and know 2, who end every drunken line in "I love you."

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
As long as it's not like Soxfest where "sombody" walked up to the table in the bar and proclaimed "I'm going upstairs to have sex!"

:D

He, he.. happy drunk. :cheers

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
Coke is a big waste of time and money.  Drink 3 pots of coffe in like 20 minutes, you'll feel the exact same way.  If I need to be that amped up to do soemthing, I probably have no business doing it.

I disagree with your assessment of how it feels. Its entirely different. It feels much much different than caffeine, and much better. The first time you try it, you are hooked, and you constantly want more and more and more. It really is an evil drug.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
I disagree with your assessment of how it feels.  Its entirely different.  It feels much much different than caffeine, and much better.  The first time you try it, you are hooked, and you constantly want more and more and more.  It really is an evil drug.

It was the same for me the few times I tried it. Waste of money.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
Why does every teenager drink or smoke pot? What's so great about it?

I did not know every teen smoked weed. I think a lot of kids smoke just to fit in I never got into it because I did not like the feeling I got while smoking even though the "high" part was good. Drinking, Im 22 now and dont like to do that much mainly because my dad took the fun out of it by giving me permision to drink in HS. I guess it was his little reverse psychology method, and it worked.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
Every teenager?  What study are you looking at?

These studies are actually hilarious. I had to fill one out last week. It was a joke.

"How many times have you done Crack Cocaine in the last year?"

I put 40+. Basically they were similiar questions throughtout, and I, like everyone else, put the funniest answer.

Whitesoxin', you've gotten a great deal of good advice in this thread, so I figure it's my job to screw things up. Don't let what others do dictate what you do. You have plenty of life ahead for you to try whatever the hell you want to try. Or not. Two artists -- Penn Jillette and Frank Zappa -- who are (were) creative and take (took) chances often proclaim they've never touched any booze or drugs. Other people drink and smoke pot and it seems to have no ill effect on them. Still others left this mortal coil way too soon because of booze and other drugs. Just make sure you take everything you read about chemicals, pro and con, with a healthy grain of salt. Except meth. Do not do that crap. Ever.

I, like a few others in this thread, have been there, done that. It's my life, I live it the way that I want to. Have I made a few mistakes? Oh, yeah. We all make mistakes. It's only natural.

Live your life. Remember that.

i don't think i've ever felt i've done a drug to fit in. Curiosity is what kills the cat. I do both and i don't think much of it. I think its far less of a moral issue than its made out to be. I have a bunch of friends that don't drink or anything and we respect them for it and they don't question us. True friends wouldn't pressure somebody to go against their convictions. But yeah i doubt more than 30% of high school kids both smoke and drink on a regular basis.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
I disagree with your assessment of how it feels.  Its entirely different.  It feels much much different than caffeine, and much better.  The first time you try it, you are hooked, and you constantly want more and more and more.  It really is an evil drug.

I was watching something on TV about it not too long ago and they basically said that it inhibits your ability to get any kind of "rush" from anything else.

It basically sounded like a crack addict could jump out of a plane and feel no adrenaline rush at all...

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
Not just college parties... we saw 2 girls nearly get date raped at the effing Ruth Chris in Scottsdale last week. I could not believe my eyes. Some real scumbags out there.

Holy cripes. That the one on the 2nd floor right on scottsdale road?

It's quite hard to put into words exactly why people smoke weed or drink booze, but, putting this very simply, it makes certain social situations much more enjoyable than while sober. Whether buzzed or drunk, some situations become much more enjoyable for some odd reason. While I avoid getting hammered like I did some times my freshman year, I don't see the harm of having some drinks in moderation every now and then. For people who are really wound up, two drinks can make a conversation a lot looser and more enjoyable.

As for pot, I personally don't see why people would do it. The feeling while high is nice, but it just doesn't do it for me. I guess I should just be like everyone else in Valpo and begin to start shooting up heroin. Yeah!

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
It's quite hard to put into words exactly why people smoke weed or drink booze, but, putting this very simply, it makes certain social situations much more enjoyable than while sober. Whether buzzed or drunk, some situations become much more enjoyable for some odd reason. While I avoid getting hammered like I did some times my freshman year, I don't see the harm of having some drinks in moderation every now and then. For people who are really wound up, two drinks can make a conversation a lot looser and more enjoyable.

As for pot, I personally don't see why people would do it. The feeling while high is nice, but it just doesn't do it for me. I guess I should just be like everyone else in Valpo and begin to start shooting up heroin. Yeah!

Haha or you can be like Mayor Costa's son and get expelled from school two months before graduation for drunk driving. :lol:

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 06:42 PM)
I was watching something on TV about it not too long ago and they basically said that it inhibits your ability to get any kind of "rush" from anything else.

It basically sounded like a crack addict could jump out of a plane and feel no adrenaline rush at all...

After your first high on coke, everytime you use thereafter, you are trying to reproduce that high. And every time you use it, the high gets less great. It sucks you in.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 06:52 PM)
Holy cripes.  That the one on the 2nd floor right on scottsdale road?

Yep. A group of golfers were on the prowl. At one point they tried to follow the girls in to the bathroom. The cops ended up being called because they got pissed when they stopped serving them. I couldn't believe my eyes.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)

I worked at a Pizza place in college, and for some reason smoking coke off of aluminum foil(poor mans crack) became very popular for a good portion of the people I worked with. It was really hard to watch some of my friends get sucked into that vortex. It was watching them do that, and the subsequent reactions, that really made me decide that I will never have any part of coke.