Prison Break Thread...

SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
All I know is if his brother dies..... im done with the show.

Did you see the previews for next week's show? Either they are hiding the big surprise or Lincoln is done. We'll see. Besides, it would be retarted to have Lincoln die because the whole premise of the show was Michael getting into jail on purpose to save his brother. What happens if he fails???

This is my guess:

The black dot thing puts Lincoln into a coma seconds before the execution starts, they run it, he appears killed and is buried. Michael escapes, digs him up, and in some goofy way he wakes up.

Maybe kinda like what happened to Bauer at the end of last seasons 24.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
This is my guess:

The black dot thing puts Lincoln into a coma seconds before the execution starts, they run it, he appears killed and is buried.  Michael escapes, digs him up, and in some goofy way he wakes up.

Maybe kinda like what happened to Bauer at the end of last seasons 24.

IIRC, Lincoln already took the black dot that gave him all the stomach pains and what not.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)
Nah, the series could go on without him.  I think he's gone.

It wouldn't make sense. The whole point of the show was saving Lincoln. If you are talking viewers wise, the show could definitely go on without him but it would have a completely different plot though.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 03:00 AM)
It wouldn't make sense. The whole point of the show was saving Lincoln. If you are talking viewers wise, the show could definitely go on without him but it would have a completely different plot though.

Yeah, the whole plot would shift, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't make sense. Lincoln is a good character, but Michael is the most compelling one. They'd be giving M an extra angle (guilt, if-I-only), which could really help the show.

Now that we're talking about this...My damn DVR cut it off tonight soon after the lawyer came in to visit the brothers playing cards. I don't know what happened after that. If anyone could fill me in, that would be great.

veronica came in telling them they didn't get the appeal. She puts LJ on the phone to talk to his father. Sarah's Dad, the governor, didn't grant clemency (he's in on it with the vice president.....you see him with her after the call to the warden)...Then they take Lincoln to the chair, not much after that except it ended.....you want previews for next week?

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
Now that we're talking about this...My damn DVR cut it off tonight soon after the lawyer came in to visit the brothers playing cards.  I don't know what happened after that.  If anyone could fill me in, that would be great.

Basically, Lincoln gives up all hope and faces the fact that he will be put to death. The lawyers find out the judge ruled against the appeal. Then the hot doctor chick talks to her dad (governor) and tried to persuade him to stop the death penalty. They get a call as Lincoln is being taken to the chamber, it is quiet and then they break the news that the Governor is going to go along with the chair. All the sudden, you see the gov and the Vice President chick talking and she says something like "You have done a good job." Then as Michael and the lawyer go to say their last goodbyes, they show Lincoln staring at the chair and the show ends.

If I missed something, sorry.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
Basically, Lincoln gives up all hope and faces the fact that he will be put to death. The lawyers find out the judge ruled against the appeal. Then the hot doctor chick talks to her dad (governor) and tried to persuade him to stop the death penalty. They get a call as Lincoln is being taken to the chamber, it is quiet and then they break the news that the Governor is going to go along with the chair. All the sudden, you see the gov and the Vice President chick talking and she says something like "You have done a good job." Then as Michael and the lawyer go to say their last goodbyes, they show Lincoln staring at the chair and the show ends.

great, you were more in depth.... :banghead

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
veronica came in telling them they didn't get the appeal.  She puts LJ on the phone to talk to his father.  Sarah's Dad, the governor,  didn't grant clemency (he's in on it with the vice president.....you see him with her after the call to the warden)...Then they take Lincoln to the chair,  not much after that except it ended.....you want previews for next week?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)

I guess there wasn't much left of the episode. Thank you both for filling me in.

I think the show could still go on but a lot of viewers would probably lose interest in it if Lincoln died..... Also what would be the point of Michael escaping if he doesnt have to save his brother. He could either serve rest of his time and be a free man or escape and be on the run for rest of his life for what getting out of jail a year or 2 early?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 04:53 AM)
Well I know for sure they escape, and then the show turns into a fugitive type show, like the movie.

Thats the one bad part of the show... once you make the change you can never go back. Personally once they actually escape I think the show is going to start getting worse.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
Thats the one bad part of the show... once you make the change you can never go back.  Personally once they actually escape I think the show is going to start getting worse.

Thats what I thought too. But if it goes into a fugitive type format, that might actually be pretty good.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 06:03 PM)
Anyone else watch the comeback episode? I am pissed off.

I enjoyed it. Its an odd twist, but its something I didn't expect and its those type of twists that make 24 so great (well thats one of the reasons).

That said my guess is his brother dies, we shall see though.