AJ on Fire

RME JICO

I know it is only Spring Training, but it is nice to see AJ hitting so well. 4 multi-hit games out of 8 total, 6 for his last 10 and only 2 K's in 23 AB's.

It would be nice to see him get back to batting .300.

AJ has never really been that good in Spring Training, he batted .222 last ST, .255 in 2004, .216 in 2003, and .224 in 2002, so hopefully this is a sign of things to come. He is currently batting .478.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
I know it is only Spring Training, but it is nice to see AJ hitting so well.  4 multi-hit games out of 8 total, 6 for his last 10 and only 2 K's in 23 AB's.

It would be nice to see him get back to batting .300.

AJ has never really been that good in Spring Training, he batted .222 last ST, .255 in 2004, .216 in 2003, and .224 in 2002, so hopefully this is a sign of things to come.  He is currently batting .478.

How bout' Brian Anderson? Spring average up to .290 or so. He's looked a lot better at the plate than he did the first couple weeks.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 02:18 AM)
How bout' Brian Anderson?  Spring average up to .290 or so.  He's looked a lot better at the plate than he did the first couple weeks.

Yeah, he is looking a lot better. I also like the fact that he is getting different types of hits, not just all singles or all HRs (which would be cool). He has 11 total hits, 2 2Bs, 2 3Bs, and 1 HR. That is some nice production.

Now about AJ, just think how tough the middle of this lineup would be if he was batting .300+ compared to .257. That is a lot more times on base for guys to drive him in lower in the order.

Also, Mackowiak (.320), Cintron (.600), Ozuna (.304), and Widger 3 HRs in 19 ABs make up the best bench in the league.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 01:24 AM)
Yeah, he is looking a lot better.  I also like the fact that he is getting different types of hits, not just all singles or all HRs (which would be cool).  He has 11 total hits, 2 2Bs, 2 3Bs, and 1 HR. That is some nice production.

Plus his defense is awesome, and judging by the ozzie chair tape, he is taking a void in the stooges.

Anderson looks like he has pretty good speed. Why the heck didn't he steal more bases in the minors? Bad technique or did he just not try to? I know he's been caught stealing a few times this spring.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 06:54 AM)
Anderson looks like he has pretty good speed.  Why the heck didn't he steal more bases in the minors?  Bad technique or did he just not try to?  I know he's been caught stealing a few times this spring.

I saw one of his CS attempts and it looked like he got a bad jump and also picked the wrong pitch. He definitely has some speed, he just needs to use it better. Might be a confidence problem, because he has the speed to steal some bases.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 05:10 AM)
I saw one of his CS attempts and it looked like he got a bad jump and also picked the wrong pitch.  He definitely has some speed, he just needs to use it better.  Might be a confidence problem, because he has the speed to steal some bases.

The good news is...in terms of Anderson stealing bases...you couldn't possibly be put in a better situation to learn that skill than the one he's in. Pods and Rock? Nice.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
Can somebody answer: How has Anderson looked defensively? Is he even close to Rowand? That's a pretty important issue.

He is good.... and some believe he will eventually be better than Rowand. Although it might take him a season or so to adjust to our park fully so id expect some short comings this season but next we will see no drop-off of Rowand if not an upgrade defensively.