Gallup drops C(ommunist)N(ews)N(etwork)

samclemens

CNN has really gone downhill over the past few years. Since Crossfire dissolved, there's pretty much nothing worth watchcing. Wolf Blitzer is awful. Nancy Grace is a nutcase. Watching Larry King throw softball questions at his guests is a waste of time. Lou Dobbs isn't bad, but he's not exactly the most entertaining personality on TV. Anderson Cooper is decent, but nothing special. Outside of the "CNN Presents" specials, there isn't a whole lot worth watching.

They're even screwing up Headline News now with the obnoxious pop culture garbage of "Showbiz Tonight."

QUOTE(WCSox @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 05:19 PM)
CNN has really gone downhill over the past few years.  Since Crossfire dissolved, there's pretty much nothing worth watchcing.  Wolf Blitzer is awful.  Nancy Grace is a nutcase.  Watching Larry King throw softball questions at his guests is a waste of time.  Lou Dobbs isn't bad, but he's not exactly the most entertaining personality on TV.  Anderson Cooper is decent, but nothing special.  Outside of the "CNN Presents" specials, there isn't a whole lot worth watching.

They're even screwing up Headline News now with the obnoxious pop culture garbage of "Showbiz Tonight."

You want to know the scary thing...except for the 3 words "Since Crossfire dissolved"...I agree with every single thing said there.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 07:01 AM)
Crossfire hasn't been the same since Kinsley and Buchanan left. Or since Ted Turner left either for that matter.

the whole concept of the show is flawed though..."hey, i have this idea for a show, we'll bring up a current issue, not discuss it in detail but have two talking heads pull out their daily party cliches! And it'll be cheap!"

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
Crossfire hasn't been the same since Kinsley and Buchanan left. Or since Ted Turner left either for that matter.

Yes, Crossfire was definitely better back in the '80s and '90s. I've always liked Novak, so perhaps I'm somewhat biased. I haven't watched it much over the past few years, so I didn't get the chance to see how (apparently) bad it got towards the end.