Blakely, Fields, Montero sent down

Guest JimH

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 12:00 PM)
Avoiding arbitration with Crede is not the problem.  The problem is the years after arbitration.  And whether or not Crede has the final say, Boras still gives him advice about what is best for him financially, and that is seen through the Boras lens.

I was citing the arbitration record as part of the picture of Crede/Boras - obviously the issue becomes very different after 2007 (or is it after 2008 that he is FA-eligible?).

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
I was citing the arbitration record as part of the picture of Crede/Boras - obviously the issue becomes very different after 2007 (or is it after 2008 that he is FA-eligible?).

If is after the 2008 season he is FA eligibile.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
I see what you are saying.  And that is likely the path they will take.  But I do think it depends on where we are at going into 2007, and again into 2008: are we looking post-season or re-structuring?  How is crede's back?  How is Fields' glove?  I just don't think Fields is a shoe-in just yet.

Very true, although Fields defense looked better this spring than previously. I still think he is the heir apparent, and its obvious that the org thinks very highly of him as well.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 09:49 AM)
Us resigning Crede is most likely a pipe dream.

Unless, of course, Fields is moved across the diamond.

It's not completely out of the relam of possibilty.

If not, he's a good candidate for a future deadline move.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 09:49 AM)
Us resigning Crede is most likely a pipe dream.

http://www.southsidesox.com/story/2006/2/25/20832/6530

"You do hear people say that Boras' guys are puppets, but no, that's not the case with me," Crede said. "That might be the case with some other players, but not with me.

"Ultimately, the player is who has control of the situation. If you want to sign for this, you sign for this. If you want it to be handled by the agent, you let that happen. Ultimately, you also want to get the fair deal at the same time."

Crede wants to stay.