Tattoo Questions...

SoxFan1

I plan on getting a tattoo this summer and I have a few questions.

First off, a lot of older people tell me not to do it because you'll regret it later on. Unfortunately, no one chose to elaborate. Is this true?

Second, I am not sure of the placement of the tattoo. I want to go either on the right shoulder or on the back of the right shoulder. Then I was considering the inside of my forearm. Suggestions?

Basically, this is the tattoo:

http://www.jura.kg.ac.yu/Rc/emil/Jubilej/s...0do%20kaira.jpg

but with "Slavko" or "Bog Cuva Srbe" in Cyrillic underneath it. The main thing is, I don't want it to be too big but I also don't want it to be my entire arm.

Another thing I want to know is the healing process. Will it take a long time? Are my actions limited? (Baseball?)

And finally, I would like to know the cost range of a tatto like this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 02:50 AM)
I plan on getting a tattoo this summer and I have a few questions.

First off, a lot of older people tell me not to do it because you'll regret it later on. Unfortunately, no one chose to elaborate. Is this true?

Second, I am not sure of the placement of the tattoo. I want to go either on the right shoulder or on the back of the right shoulder. Then I was considering the inside of my forearm. Suggestions?

Basically, this is the tattoo:

http://www.jura.kg.ac.yu/Rc/emil/Jubilej/s...0do%20kaira.jpg

but with "Slavko" or "Bog Cuva Srbe" in Cyrillic underneath it. The main thing is, I don't want it to be too big but I also don't want it to be my entire arm.

Another thing I want to know is the healing process. Will it take a long time? Are my actions limited? (Baseball?)

And finally, I would like to know the cost range of a tatto like this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ok, let me take a shot.

i have two tattoos, one on my left shoulder and the other on my right bicep. i have never once regretted getting them. that's just me, others may feel different.

i think your choice of a tattoo is pretty good. it obviously carries some personal meaning for you. that is important. once i decided i wanted a tattoo i waited two years to get one. during that time i went through a fair amount of ideas before settling on an idea. that was a good idea for me.

in terms of placement, unless you are a biker my suggestion is to put it in a place where it is easily concealed. i don't know how old you are, but you don't want regret the placement down the line. personally i would say no on the forearm.

the healing process takes about a week or so and you shouldn't be limited much. it will itch a lot, but don't scratch it. some people i know put preparation h on it, but i never did. neosporin and fragrance free moisturizer is all i used. i doubt it would ever effect your baseball.

finally, in terms of cost it depends where you go. i would investigate this pretty deeply, because it is important. especially since the one you are getting is pretty detailed, it could easily be done sloppily. ask around a bit and ask to see examples of their work. my first tattoo i got done at some place around my house and it isn't great. my second one i got done by a guy who's done stuff for the lead singer from the bosstones, and that one is pretty good.

cost will depend on size and how much, if any color you are using.

I have some ink done, and I dont regret it at all. My first was in the middle of my shoulders on my spine. It hurt like a bastard, but it wasnt too much to bear. If the tatoo represents something personal to you, you will only love it more.

Also I cannot stress checking out an researching the artist/tattoo shop beforehand. You do not want to regret a tattoo because it was poorly done. A reputable artist is a must.

The recovery process is simply, if its on your back, be prepared to ruin a few tshirts when you sleep at night, but other than that its cake. Make sure you use sunblock on it this summer, and you are all good.

Im excited to get another one this summer, it really is addictive. I work in an executive office and I wear suits and meet with top professionals weekly. All in all, make sure you can conceal the ink if need be.

Good luck, im sure you will love it.

Oh and the tatto that you picked out, with all the detail and coloring, may be a two day job. With something so intricate, I would recommend a well known artist in the area. In chicagoland people recommend jade Dragon, I like tatto city and the ink shop I believe is the other. Make sure you research that because that is some serious detail work.

Brian has two tatoos - one on each shoulder. He got the first one when he was 18 and the other when he was 20 (he will be 34 in a matter of weeks). He doesn't regret either and has one last one he would like to get soon. Can't help you on the rest though (I have none myself - I am too chicken lol).

Yeah, I have heard of Jade Dragon. There is one in Cal City (like 10 minutes away) called Ink n' Um or something like that. I never checked it out but I will not discount it until I get to see some work from the artists and then check out the price range.

How much do you think something like this:

grb.jpg

would cost?

And also, is the pain that bad???

EDIT: Now that I see Jade Dragon's website, I am not digging their stuff too much.

I really liek Tattoo City's work.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
Yeah, I have heard of Jade Dragon. There is one in Cal City (like 10 minutes away) called Ink n' Um or something like that. I never checked it out but I will not discount it until I get to see some work from the artists and then check out the price range.

How much do you think something like this:

grb.jpg

would cost?

And also, is the pain that bad???

EDIT: Now that I see Jade Dragon's website, I am not digging their stuff too much.

I really liek Tattoo City's work.

It all depends on the size and if you want color. I'd guess to get one the size of that picture would probably set you back 2 bills with tip to have someone reputable do the work. I couldn't agree more with rock when he says that you have to be extremely picky when picking out the person to do your tat. This is one thing that you should not hesitate to spend an extra $50 if it means having someone you trust tat you.

The pain isn't that bad, although I've only got one on my left bicep. It really reminded me of having hot water hitting a sunburn. Just don't psych yourself out too badly beforehand and you'll be fine....it's not that bad of pain.

I decided I wanted my tat 4 years before I actually got it. It's unique, meaningful, and very well done (pantera's tat guy in amarillo did it). The people who regret their tats are the dumbasses who get cartoon characters, the trendy s*** (think tribal bands), and tats involving a girlfriend/boyfriend who they later break up with. Looks as if you're looking for something associated with your family and heritage, certainly not something you're going to regret, imo.

I'm also getting one too Slavko. It's gonna be this summer as well. I know your younger than me but usually the saying is "it's my body and my decision." especially if your paying ($$$) for it like I am.

P.S. we still gotta meet one of these days. You live around me and you know a couple of my friends I went to elementary school with and I still haven't meet your ass. :lol:

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 02:16 AM)
I'm also getting one too Slavko. It's gonna be this summer as well. I know your younger than me but usually the saying is "it's my body and my decision." especially if your paying ($$$) for it like I am.

P.S. we still gotta meet one of these days. You live around me and you know a couple of my friends I went to elementary school with and I still haven't meet your ass. :lol:

I'll get in touch with you later today. :D

I have one that I had put in a place where it's seen only if I want it to be. No regrets. Wasn't too painful. Took about a week to heal. Didn't bother me to do normal activities. Cost depends on the size and the artist. Something like that you're better off going to someone with a good rep. Look at their former work. It's for life (in most cases) and you want it to look the best it can. I'd pay more for a good job for sure.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
I have one that I had put in a place where it's seen only if I want it to be. No regrets. Wasn't too painful. Took about a week to heal. Didn't bother me to do normal activities. Cost depends on the size and the artist. Something like that you're better off going to someone with a good rep. Look at their former work. It's for life (in most cases) and you want it to look the best it can. I'd pay more for a good job for sure.

:huh: :o :huh