Voting

Controlled Chaos

What the hell is so hard about voting and counting votes?

I voted yesterday with the electronic machine....a 5 year old could do it. In the past, I have used those scantron types and a 5 year old can do that. So why is there a f***in problem every time we vote?

And what's the deal with couting the votes? They have years to test the machines and get everything right and the there's always f*** ups come election time.

I just dont get it.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
What the hell is so hard about voting and counting votes?

I voted yesterday with the electronic machine....a 5 year old could do it.  In the past, I have used those scantron types and a 5 year old can do that.  So why is there a f***in problem every time we vote?

And what's the deal with couting the votes?  They have years to test the machines and get everything right and the there's always f*** ups come election time.

I just dont get it.

I dont get it either. I have been an election judge before and its a hell of a lot easier now. The vote is scanned right away. There is no question if the vote will or wont scan. Its done right there in front of the person. Before you would have lots of issues running the ballots through at the end of the night, something wouldnt scan, people would on each side would b****. Then its about the slow printout of the strips. You need so many, to fix to the official tablet of votes, then there are scavangers representing some of the local politicians trying to get copies of the strips so they can take them back to headquarters. Now its just a matter of printing them, and then transmitting them.