Steven Tyler to have surgery

Steff

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler to Undergo Surgery

Yahoo news 58 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler will undergo surgery this week for an undisclosed medical condition, forcing the band to cancel the remaining dates of its North American tour.

The band's publicist, Marcee Rondan, said Tuesday that Tyler was "doing fine" but declined to elaborate on his condition.

"Despite Aerosmith's desire to keep the tour going as long as possible, Tyler's doctors advised him not to continue performing to give his voice time to recover," Rondan said in a statement.

Tyler, who turns 58 on Sunday, can't perform for an extended period of time, Rondan said, adding the band was on hiatus.

Aerosmith canceled recent concerts in Manchester, N.H., Pensacola, Fla., and Lexington, Ky., because of illness, though the tour press director did not disclose who was sick or the nature of the illness.

Rumors are that it's esophageal cancer. If it is, it's not good. Mortality rate is not much longer then a year post surgical.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
Aerosmith's Steven Tyler to Undergo Surgery

Rumors are that it's esophageal cancer. If it is, it's not good. Mortality rate is not much longer then a year post surgical.

I may think he is a horse's ass, but I would not wish that on my worst enemy. Prayers go out for him.