WHAT'S the deal with our closer??

Be Good

HAS Tinker-roo made up his mind yet on who the regular closer is....OR is it goin to be a split job

BE GOOD

He wanted Marte to pitch to Delgado in the bottom of the 9th. I like that better than the old "he is my closer he pitches the 9th" BS, a lot of managers subscribe to. I like making the match up lefty on lefty.

Guest hotsoxchick1

id rather have marte out there all the time anyhow... botch is just a bunch of hype imho...........besides his attitude sucks .........just do your damn job and shut the hell up .......... ;)

Was there a little throwing at batters in the later innings? I was "watching" on gameday and it looked like Kock and Marte both were working "way inside" on a couple of batters.

I was questioning pulling him after a strike out. I'm starting to feel a bit more relaxed when I see Koch coming in.

id rather have marte out there all the time anyhow... botch is just a bunch of hype imho...........besides his attitude sucks .........just do your damn job and shut the hell up .......... ;)

Has he NOT done his job the past 2 weeks? Has he not done what this club has asked of him, whether it be closing or setting up?

And he has kept his mouth shut. Hopefully he's waiting till we take over first, a big IF still....

Michelle, just pour me another damn margarita and shut the hell up! :P :D :cheers

I don't know about Koch, but I couldn't handle work if I had to shut the hell up :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
Michelle, just pour me another damn margarita and shut the hell up! :P  :D  :cheers

hey i can do that quietly... no problem. :D . you know what i mean.. botch shot off his mouth early in the season about twinkies and look at where it got him..........f***er jinxed us and himself.. he should have just took a glass of just shut the hell up juice and swallowed it instead of barkin like the dog he is.......... :headbang

hey i can do that quietly... no problem. :D . you know what i mean.. botch shot off his mouth early in the season about twinkies and look at where it got him..........f***er jinxed us and himself.. he should have just took a glass of just shut the hell up juice and swallowed it instead of barkin like the dog he is.......... :headbang

"Shut the hell up juice" - :lol: I love it! I know exactly what you mean. This team has been talking too much the last three years. I don't remember them saying much in 2000. As the saying goes...they let their bats do the talking that year. It's about time they try that approach again.

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah let the bats do the talkin or let maggs just tell it like it is... " we stink" lol im sure he meant suck but someone fed him the wrong words... thats what zach61 thinks anyhow... his theory......we should have wunch or jose or someone feed him the right things to say from now on........

I like what Manuel did last night. Marte and Koch working together like that is super. I think Gordon complements them as well. It looks like Koch is the closer though just like Manuel said he would be. Now at this point in the season, if Rick White was coming in I think the score would be Enemy 10 Sox 0. Something stinks with White and I wonder if the guy might be trade bait or released even though he still hits mid-90's with the fastball. I think one of our minor league phenoms would work better than keeping RW around, unless of course Cooper thinks he can help him out? Anyone heard anything about it?

Listening to Farmer and Rooney doing a Sox broadcast during the 05/13-05/15 Orioles series, Rooney mentioned that Cooper noticed a "problem" in Koch's delivery..... I think he said he wasn't rolling his hand :huh: ..... not sure though. Since that broadcast, where Rooney said Coop and Koch "fixed it," Koch has been close to automatic.

Listening to Farmer and Rooney doing a Sox broadcast during the 05/13-05/15 Orioles series, Rooney mentioned that Cooper noticed a "problem" in Koch's delivery..... I think he said he wasn't rolling his hand  :huh: ..... not sure though. Since that broadcast, where Rooney said Coop and Koch "fixed it," Koch has been close to automatic.

good. hopefully he will be 'automatic' for the rest of the year. :cheers :headbang

Koch didn't talk s***, he said he hated the Twins (who cares), thought they caught some lucky breaks (which every winning team needs to catch, really), but they are good team (which they are).

are we gonna be like the twins now and take everything said as being trash talking?