Soxtalk Responds to SI article

Heads22

Good message.

I honestly expected a response such as, "We sincerely apologize for unsubstantiated rumors..."

I'm glad Soxtalk isn't backtracking on anything. This is an internet forum--such information, whether slanderous in nature or not, should be expected. Not our fault media outlets ran with it.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

You didn't mention the FutureSox reference that was on ESPN.com awhile ago (I think it was for Ben Grieve), but then again, FutureSox isn't SoxTalk :P

Nice job, and I'm glad to see SoxTalk not apologize, since nothing wrong was really done.

My take is we never did anything wrong. This is an avenue for posters to make there opinions heard. In some instances we will remove posts, but in no way did we feel one poster sharing what he called a source, being innapropriate.

In fact, aside from that thread this site has been always very careful when it comes to labeling players with steroids. And that thread did have fire, considering all the news outlets reporting the news simultaneous with Soxtalk.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)
And that thread did have fire, considering all the news outlets reporting the news simultaneous with Soxtalk.

If you mean the smoke-fire thing, I don't know about that. Since the whole thing turned out to be smoke, it's not so much that we had fire -- only that we were smoking the same stuff as everyone else.

Bravo on the response!

Pride is called for here, and I am glad you took that angle. The rumor was just that, and I think it was handled exactly as it should have been.

I choose to visit this site regularly because I really enjoy the other posters here, the admins are fair, and most importantly - this is by far the most knowledgeable Sox site available. And further having seen some other teams' sites, I haven't seen a site for any other team in baseball as knowledge-laden as this one (though I have not seen all the other boards out there). And I'm a recent addition, really - not an admin or anyone getting anything personal from this declaration.

So I say cheers to SoxTalk. Keep up the good posting.

:cheers