South Park <> Chef

Heads22

Yea, my brother ran and told me this not too long ago and I was like.. WTF? He asked my why and of course I showed him the article and told him they had to kill off his character. Chef was one of my favs, now I only have Token to watch now.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
how did they kill him off?

He fell of a burning bridge while on fire, impaled himself on a stick, then was dismembered by a mountain lion and a bear, while being shot.

Oh and he'll probably be back in Vader Chef form.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 06:23 AM)
so........unless I'm completely wrong on this, they used old sound clips for his voice last night, right?

...and you were admitted into the same school as I? These degrees aren't going to be worth the paper they're printed on.

It wasn't their best effort, but, I'll maintain those two guys are so far ahead of their time. South Park, to any educated fan, is a socio-political commentary in the extreme, using a bunch of dick and fart jokes and naive fourth graders to say it like it is. They really are geniuses.

Like I said, in regards to last night's epidose, it wasn't their best effort, but, they provided the hilarity with Chef's dubbed tracks and were able to make their point using the parallels between the Super Adventure Club and Scientology, so, I'll give them props on such short notice and I can't wait for the rest of the season.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 03:18 AM)
The way Chef died was kind of lame.  The way they seemed to respect him was cool.  The way they completely ripped apart and destroyed Scientology was beautiful and made me want to stand and applaud.

I thought it was funny how he just fell off a cliff and there just happened to be a mountain lion there and then out of the blue a bear comes in and tears him apart and then the guy keeps shooting chef on accident. The funniest thing was either the dubbed chef parts or when cartman thinks he's still alive cuz he hasnt crapped himself yet and then chef proceeds to do just that.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 04:05 AM)
I'm sad, I missed it last night.

Well, you didn't miss much. That episode sucked hard. The whole child molestation angle couldn't have been less funny. The voice clip combination thing was amusing for like the first five seconds, but it got pretty tired in a hurry. I turned it off, went back, turned it off, and then ultimately went back to see the ending, which was really the only part that I enjoyed. Just a sucky suckfest on a whole, and I hope that it's not an indication of what is to come.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 12:08 AM)
He fell of a burning bridge while on fire, impaled himself on a stick, then was dismembered by a mountain lion and a bear, while being shot.

What the hell is wrong with Chef that he can't come back after that?!? That sure as hell wouldn't keep Kenny down!

Definitely not the best work, but they can't be entirely blamed after they lose the voice of a very recurring character on the show right near the beginning of the season. But I think they did a decent and tasteful job of dealing with the quitting of Chef.

They could have done a whole lot worse to him and really gave him a hatchet job. It is cool that Matt and Trey saw through the BS and put the blame where it belongs...on the Church of $cientology.

The plot of the show was less than spectacular but it was good for them to put forth what a lot of fans of the show were feeling and give an "appropriate" sendoff to Chef given the constraints of what'd they be able to do with the episode. They had to make the best of a bad situation and I don't think this is going to be like the rest of the season -- because they had to do this ep with one voice completely out of the mix.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
The way Chef died was kind of lame.  The way they seemed to respect him was cool.  The way they completely ripped apart and destroyed Scientology was beautiful and made me want to stand and applaud.

I'm glad that they attacked $cientology rather than Hayes, but the episode was pretty lame overall. It seemed like they were in a rush to get something thrown together. However, the very end was quite clever.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Well, you didn't miss much.  That episode sucked hard.  The whole child molestation angle couldn't have been less funny.  The voice clip combination thing was amusing for like the first five seconds, but it got pretty tired in a hurry.  I turned it off, went back, turned it off, and then ultimately went back to see the ending, which was really the only part that I enjoyed.  Just a sucky suckfest on a whole, and I hope that it's not an indication of what is to come.

yeah, it definitely wasn't one of their best, but remember that they had to put it together in less than a week.