• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
Anyone know how we got our run?

Podsednik with a lead-off triple--a near HR, bouncing off the RF's glove on the warning track--and Iguchi--batting second--got him in.

It looked like the White Sox of old. It was excellent.

If I heard Hawk correctly, the Iguchi move back to the two-hole may be permanent.

Podsednik with a lead-off triple--a near HR, bouncing off the RF's glove on the warning track--and Iguchi--batting second--got him in.

It looked like the White Sox of old.  It was excellent.

If I heard Hawk correctly, the Iguchi move back to the two-hole may be permanent.

I wonder how the rest of the lineup will shake out then?

Podsednik

Iguchi

Thome

Konerko

Dye

Pierzynski

Crede

Anderson

Uribe

That's my guess.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
Over the center field wall?

The game is being played in Suprise, AZ. If that were in Tuscon, that ball would have bounced off the wall for extra bases.

In center, there is a short wall with a grassy knoll.

I like Uribe in the 2 hole better.

I liked it because it strengthened the bottom of our lineup. But I really don't like Uribe's low OBP in front of Thome, Konerko, and Dye.

By the way, Ian Kinsler hit that bomb off of Armando Almanza. I bet he will be sent to the minors after today's game.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
I like Uribe in the 2 hole better.

You know, Rock, I think I want Iguchi.

I'm sure there will be at least seventy threads on the matter between now and opening day, but, with Iguchi's recent struggles at the plate, he may be trying to do to much and by moving him back to the two-hole--a position he should be very comfortable in--he may be able to simplify and produce like the 2005 Iguchi.

I think it's the right move. If he gets locked-in and wants to hack later in the season, move him down.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
I liked it because it strengthened the bottom of our lineup.  But I really don't like Uribe's low OBP in front of Thome, Konerko, and Dye.

By the way, Ian Kinsler hit that bomb off of Armando Almanza.  I bet he will be sent to the minors after today's game.

You know Uribe's numbers in the 2 hole are almost identical to Gooch's

You know Uribe's numbers in the 2 hole are almost identical to Gooch's

Not quite...

Iguchi (career stats Batting 2nd): 507 AB / .274 AVG / .338 OBP / .434 SLG / .772 OPS

Uribe (career stats Batting 2nd): 584 AB / .269 AVG / .321 OBP / .433 SLG / .755 OPS

Not to mention, Uribe's career stats batting 2nd are likely skewed by his insane 2004 season.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
lower OBP and that was Uribe's best season by far.... so idonno if its reasonable he will repeat that.

I understand the OBP concern, but really, thats not the main purpose of the 2 hole. He has to make consistent contact, and be able to hit the other way and sacrafice.

I understand the OBP concern, but really, thats not the main purpose of the 2 hole.  He has to make consistent contact, and be able to hit the other way and sacrafice.

Well, when Podsednik starts the game making an out you still want Uribe to be able to get on base in front of Thome and Konerko.