Gazing Into the Crystal Ball

joeynach

In this article from yahoo sports the author picks the sox to go back to the world series.....and lose. He predicts it will be the Sox, Tribe, Yanks, and A's out of the AL. With the sox beating the Tribe 4-3 in the ALCS and then losing to the Braves in the WS 4-2.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AufA...=yhoo&type=lgns

He also makes his prediction for Cy Young, MVP, ROY, etc. While I agree with some of his assesments, and I do agree with his 4 AL playoff teams. I think if we get back to the WS, barring injury, there is no way we lose, our pitching is too strong, leadership is too strong, and now experience is too strong. We are goin back to back and everyone seems to know it.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
They've been a hell of a lot more successful in the post-season over the past 15 years than we have.

World Series wins by the Braves in the last 15 years: 1.

World Series wins by the White Sox in the last 15 years: 1.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
World Series wins by the Braves in the last 15 years: 1.

World Series wins by the White Sox in the last 15 years: 1.

:rolly

The last time I checked, "post-season success" wasn't limited to WS victories.

Since 1990...

Braves

6 Division Series wins

4 NL Pennants

1 WS title

Sox

1 Division Series win

1 AL Pennant

1 WS title

Did anyone get the latest issue of The Sporting News magazine? My God, they love us to insane proportions. They have a hilarious photo of Ozzie stirring some batter with a chef's hat on. They think it will be White Sox over Cardinals in the World Series. They ranked us like this...

#1 rotation in entire MLB (because of Vazquez addition and McCarthy as a 6th starter)

#3 heart of the order in entire MLB (because of Thome, Konerko, Dye)

#3 bullpen in entire MLB (because of Jenks, Cotts, and Politte, although they do mention Hermanson)

#1 clubhouse in entire MLB (because of Ozzie and Frank is now gone)

#2 bench in entire MLB (because of Mackowiak, Cintron, and Ozuna)

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
Did anyone get the latest issue of The Sporting News magazine?  My God, they love us to insane proportions.  They have a hilarious photo of Ozzie stirring some batter with a chef's hat on.  They think it will be White Sox over Cardinals in the World Series.  They ranked us like this...

#1 rotation in entire MLB (because of Vazquez addition and McCarthy as a 6th starter)

#3 bullpen in entire MLB (because of Jenks, Cotts, and Politte, although they do mention Hermanson)

hey, I agree with it. I'm not even really worried about our bullpen, it's not like we don't have enough workhorses for starters to offset that.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
Did anyone get the latest issue of The Sporting News magazine?  My God, they love us to insane proportions.  They have a hilarious photo of Ozzie stirring some batter with a chef's hat on.  They think it will be White Sox over Cardinals in the World Series.  They ranked us like this...

Did the new one just come out? I've been looking for it for a week now.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)

Since 1990...

Braves

6 Division Series wins

4 NL Pennants

1 WS title

Sox

1 Division Series win

1 AL Pennant

1 WS title

They've failed to win it all with much better teams that had much better rotations and much better bullpens. They've also lost in the first round in their last 6 tries. As soon as they can get back Maddux and Glavine in the prime and locate a bullpen, I worry about their chances of even getting to the playoffs, much less winning the series.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)

Since 1990...

Braves

6 Division Series wins

4 NL Pennants

1 WS title

Sox

1 Division Series win

1 AL Pennant

1 WS title

Actually, post season success is limited to WS victories. Anything short of that for a team in the playoffs is a post season failure.