Sox Pen A Cause for Concern

Chisoxfn

Sox Pen A Cause for Concern

By Alex Bozich

Senior Writer, Soxtalk.com

What was part of the staple that held together a 2005 championship run for the Chicago White Sox is now the biggest question mark heading into a season where they are being picked by many to at least repeat as Central Division champions if not challenge for another World Title...MORE

Excellent write up there Alex.

It's a real boom or bust situation with our pen, and last season showed how important having a good one is. Unfortunately, other teams are starting to take notice of that, hence us missing out on the likes of Myers over the off-season.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 04:09 AM)
Excellent write up there Alex.

It's a real boom or bust situation with our pen, and last season showed how important having a good one is. Unfortunately, other teams are starting to take notice of that, hence us missing out on the likes of Myers over the off-season.

Agreed. Alex is a very fine writer. Regarding Myers, let's hope that the one that got away doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

good article boz. the pen is a concern for everyone. WWKD? What will kenny do is the big question. Lets face it, Hermy is pretty much toast (i hate to say) and if its really true about Jenks losing 10 MPH off his velocity, than we are in BIG trouble. Losing Hermy is one thing, and can possibly be replaced. But losing the 'real' Bobby Jenks would be too much of a blow to overcome. You just can't replace that.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Now that I have some free time, I'll be doing a weekly column for the site (I may even do two a week) tenatively called "Boz Knows" as well as appearing every now and then on the weekly podcast. Who knows I may even get a podcast of my own eventually or team with someone else from the site. Looking forward to getting some interviews and articles with some of the guys from Charlotte this summer as well. It should be fun.