Sox Vs. Mariners, 2:05

Balta1701

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
I remember I thought DJ was bad when he first started but Singleton has to be the worst announcer ever. 

You would think that they would have to have some sort of tryout before they are hired.

Thank god my work schedule is different now. I had to listen to a lot of games on the radio last year. I didn't mind it at all because I love Rooney. Singelton makes me apperciate Hawk and D.J. even more.

Why did the announcer have to be an ex-player. There are literally hundreds of qualified minor league, college or even high school announcers that would do an ok job. I think the people that think we are too hard on Singleton have never heard him.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
I remember I thought DJ was bad when he first started but Singleton has to be the worst announcer ever. 

You would think that they would have to have some sort of tryout before they are hired.

It's called getting the cheapest option possible.

Obviously, he was it.

No other rationale to hire a hack in the booth like him.

Nothing against Chris personally, he is a great person and all, I am sure he is trying his best, but he's just not any good.

Singleton needs to stop the dead air pauses. Its like listening to a robot or a high school football game on 88.1fm.

Up for the sox, pause as he looks up the name, Tadih, ah Gooch. pause, the balls is hit, pause, then 5 seconds of dead air, its an out.

I think he can be good in the long run, but he needs some more work on his play by play. He has no flow right now, and that is something that will take a lot of time.

Edited by southsideirish71