Sox Vs. Mariners, 2:05

Balta1701

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew from the moment Singleton was hired he'd be atrocious. I didn't need to "give him a chance," or allow time for him to "become comfortable in the booth" to know it was a mistake.

Hiring Singleton would have been acceptable if the personality opposing him were strong--such as Hawk. The problem is neither Singleton or Farmer are particularly good at providing PBP or analyzing a situation.

I'm sure someone is going to whine about my criticism, but I stand by it.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
Singleton needs to stop the dead air pauses.  Its like listening to a robot or a high school football game on 88.1fm.

Up for the sox, pause as he looks up the name, Tadih, ah Gooch. pause, the balls is hit, pause, then 5 seconds of dead air, its an out.

I think he can be good in the long run, but he needs some more work on his play by play.  He has no flow right now, and that is something that will take a lot of time.

Sorry to keep this part of the thread going, I have not heard him. Is he anything like this guy?

Boom goes the Dynamite!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
Hermy gives up a walk and double in 1 IP. 3-1 Ms.

What's funny is that line is actually an improvement for Hermanson. Previous outings you could expect two walks and two doubles.

Hopefully his velocity is recovering, although I doubt it.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)
I'm predicting a 10 page thread on how Hermanson is done and should retire immediately.

Well, if Ozzie cant rely on him then I am fairly sure he wont pitch him. Ozzie has never been one to make sure everyone gets in their regular work in the bullpen, and he goes with the hot hand a lot. Hermanson hasnt had a good spring by any stretch though, and already having lower back problems is just not good. Those kinds of injuries arent going to heal at all and are probably going to get worse over the course of the season.