3/25 Game Thread: Sox vs. Giants

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Why would we pull the players? They aren't out there to win. THey are out there to get their work in. Get some ABs. Not try to win ballgames.

Thanks, I didn't know that. :headshake I wasn't being serious AT ALL. It's just comical how bad this inning is, and you just want to make sure that no one gets injured (or Uribe gets hit in the head with a pop up).

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
[quickman] They all suck.  Trade them all. [/quickman]

Quickman has it easy on Soxtalk.

He'll say every minor leaguer is terrible--trade all of them--and nothing happens. Meanwhile I'll say, "our system is only good for producing Aaron Rowand and Felix Diaz clones" and all hell will break loose. :lol: ;)

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
Thanks, I didn't know that.  :headshake    I wasn't being serious AT ALL.  It's just comical how bad this inning is, and you just want to make sure that no one gets injured (or Uribe gets hit in the head with a pop up).

Yeah but in spring training that reasoning doesnt make sense.... because who cares what the score is....

Quickman has it easy on Soxtalk.

He'll say every minor leaguer is terrible--trade all of them--and nothing happens. Meanwhile I'll say, "our system is only good for producing Aaron Rowand and Felix Diaz clones" and all hell will break loose.  :lol:  ;)

I would trade a lot of these guys for a decent reliever right now. Half of them turn out to be busts anyways. Not all of them suck but quickman has the right idea, IMO.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Yeah but in spring training that reasoning doesnt make sense.... because who cares what the score is....

As I said earlier, that first inning was so ugly and so weird that you just didn't want to see what would happen next. How are we going to get 8 innings out of our pitchers?

Podsednik walks.

Anderson doubles, Podsednik scores from first base. 7-1 Giants.

Konerko doubles, Anderson scores. 7-2 Giants.

Dye walks.

Gload singles. Konerko scores. Dye to third base. 7-3 Sox.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
Looks like almost all of the regulars, pitching and hitting, are ready to go except for Iguchi and Jenks, and both should be good to go in a week. It's very nice to see.

May I ask what you've seen from either of them that would suggest they'll be "ready to go?"

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
May I ask what you've seen from either of them that would suggest they'll be "ready to go?"

Iguchi has looked much better at the plate since he dropped the new experiment with the new swing. Not anything amazing but I think he's hitting in the .260s-.270s since then. Plus he's back in the two hole.

As for Jenks I'm assuming he'll turn it on the final week or so. He might not. But even if they arne't ready to go we have enough options to be ready for a week or so. Everybody else looks good.