Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
The same can be said for Blum (agruably, since those games were in Houston), Everett (no other DH option), Rowand, El Duque (arguably, you never know what happens in that Boston series if he doesn't perform his magic), Thomas (the team was at its best when he played) etc. etc. etc.

Give me a break. Remember when Buehrle, Garland and Garcia all started pitching like s*** at the same time? Guess who was the only one to step up? We're not even in the playoffs without Jose. And he was our best pitcher in the playoffs as well.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
Give me a break.  Remember when Buehrle,  Garland and Garcia all started pitching like s*** at the same time?  Guess who was the only one to step up?  We're not even in the playoffs without Jose.  And he was our best pitcher in the playoffs as well.

That's why we're not General Managers. You can't get caught up on what they did for you last season. You need to take into account where they're at in their age, what position they plug for you, and how their salary effects your team. I'm happy we still have Contreras, but I think the organization would be greatly disappointed if he had 13 wins with a 4.5 ERA this yr.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
The same can be said for Blum (agruably, since those games were in Houston), Everett (no other DH option), Rowand, El Duque (arguably, you never know what happens in that Boston series if he doesn't perform his magic), Thomas (the team was at its best when he played) etc. etc. etc.

These players are a lot easier to replace than a guy who was your ace at the end of the season. Think of it this way, by not trading Contreras and if you do let him leave via free agency, that will free up money to acquire adequate replacements. Trading him for relief pitching unless its for a sure-fire closer makes no sense.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 05:17 PM)
That's why we're not General Managers.  You can't get caught up on what they did for you last season.  You need to take into account where they're at in their age, what position they plug for you, and how their salary effects your team.

At least someone gets it :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
That's why we're not General Managers.  You can't get caught up on what they did for you last season.  You need to take into account where they're at in their age, what position they plug for you, and how their salary effects your team.  I'm happy we still have Contreras, but I think the organization would be greatly disappointed if he had 13 wins with a 4.5 ERA this yr.

I think everybody would be really dissapointed if that happened. I also don't believe there is a very good chance that that will happen.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)
LOL, pathetic.  I'm onboard with quickman boat.  Trade all of our minor leaguers.  Hehe.

This was just an invitee though. Not a system guy.

LOL. Seriously. NOW they should just call the game.

Edited by jphat007

This was just an invitee though. Not a system guy.

LOL. Seriously. NOW they should just call the game.

I was just joking anyways, hehe. Quickman is becoming my favorite poster. I wish he was here. I would love to hear what he has to say about these guys. :lol:

Edited by SSH2005

Almanza probably needs to look into a new career. I hope the Sox don't waste everybody's time and send him to the minors. Just release him.

Agreed. Keep Boone Logan on our roster as the LOOGY and keep Javier Lopez at Charlotte as LOOGY insurance. That's good enough. I don't want these scrubs jinxing our minor league teams.

Edited by SSH2005