3/25 Game Thread: Sox vs. Giants

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
Almanza probably needs to look into a new career. I hope the Sox don't waste everybody's time and send him to the minors. Just release him.

Everytime he's pitched he's gotten smoked. He's awful.

The Cubs combined to throw 9+ innings of hitless baseball against the A's today.

Somehow, I think these two performances are related.

LOL, that was pretty impressive. Sean Marshall looks like their best pitching prospect. But in typical Cubs fashion, they failed to score in the bottom of the 9th with the bases loaded and 1 out and Koronka broke up the combined no-hitter in the top of the 10th. They ended up winning it though.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
Prediction:  Armando Almanza will be reassigned to minor-league camp later today.

Prediction: We will trade Armando Almanza to the nearest Jewel for a 6-pack of Miller Lite.

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
The Cubs combined to throw 9+ innings of hitless baseball against the A's today.

Somehow, I think these two performances are related.

They're related if you happen to believe both are performances which are unlikely to occur again.

Problem is, I wouldn't count on the Cubs pitchers repeating their feat, whereas our minor league scrubs and ST invitees could easily match today's 19run/21hit parade.

I was just joking anyways, hehe.  Quickman is becoming my favorite poster.  I wish he was here.  I would love to hear what he has to say about these guys.  :lol:

Believe me, I hear it on the phone and you're not missing much. Pretty much what you'd expect him to say, he's saying it. :bang

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
Be warned, it's ugly...

Box score

Well, the good news is that all the damage was done against pitchers that belong nowhere near a major league roster. The only two that I care about (Lopez and Logan) pitched well. And the offense looked pretty good, especially Anderson. I've actually never felt better about an 12 run loss.

Well, the good news is that all the damage was done against pitchers that belong nowhere near a major league roster.  The only two that I care about (Lopez and Logan) pitched well.  And the offense looked pretty good, especially Anderson.  I've actually never felt better about an 12 run loss.

Agreed, I think I'd rather have both Logan and Lopez make the roster than Logan and Thornton.

Anderson is raking.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 11:46 PM)
Agreed, I think I'd rather have both Logan and Lopez make the roster than Logan and Thornton.

Anderson is raking.

took the words right outta my head after i read the box score. =D