Question about College Hoops 2k6

set recruiting to 'assisted', that'll make your assistants do alot of the phone calls and emails and such.

Use your target list

Try and add fresh-sophs-juniors to your target list, that way they have a bigger interest in you when they're seniors.

Just use trial and error, you'll get the hang of it.

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 09:29 AM)
set recruiting to 'assisted', that'll make your assistants do alot of the phone calls and emails and such.

Use your target list

Try and add fresh-sophs-juniors to your target list, that way they have a bigger interest in you when they're seniors. 

Just use trial and error, you'll get the hang of it.

Yea, I guess it takes a while to get the hang of it because I'm not getting anyone.

Maybe its because I'm using Mike Davis.

:P

Edited by aboz56

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
Yea, I guess it takes a while to get the hang of it because I'm not getting anyone.

Maybe its because I'm using Mike Davis.

:P

once rowand gets on, he'll help you out. He helped me out on this exact same thing.

It really takes alot of focus, I found that out the hard way. You really have to spend the time to recruit players. I also found out that the foreign players don't get recruited very hard by many people, so you can find a great foreign prospect and feel pretty good about getting them. I also found out that emailing recruits each week to the limit increases their interest by 1% usually, which doesn't sound like much, but it can really help in the end. I usually had about 15 recruits from each class that I gave attention to with emails at the very least, and about 5-6 elite prospects that I really focuses the visits and more expensive recruiting on. It worked out really well with the top class in the nation and 5 5 star players and a 4 star. I haven't had time for the game in a while, but I loved the recruiting, especially the fact you can go to their high school game and play it to see how good they are.

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
once rowand gets on, he'll help you out.  He helped me out on this exact same thing.

I don't even remember what I told you to be honest. Basically use your visits wisely and go all out with the players you really want. Also, press select on the player and then hit r2 or l2 and it'll show you how interested the player is in your school compared to others. The interest level it shows percentage wise next to the player when your first into the recruiting screen doesn't mean all that much.

Also, what day of the week should I use my points or should I spread them out?

I don't really get how the point system works.

I know I'm not doing something right since I can't sign anybody and I'm using Indiana.

Also, initially, how do you know which guys to go after? Should I look for a certain Interest level and just target those guys?

What he said. And also focus on only a couple or few prospects at a time, and make sure they have at least significant interest in your school.

68-70% interest is usually the minimum I will start with, but there are rare occasions when nobody is really recruiting a player for some reason, then you can jump in at like 60-65% and be in the early lead.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
68-70% interest is usually the minimum I will start with, but there are rare occasions when nobody is really recruiting a player for some reason, then you can jump in at like 60-65% and be in the early lead.

Yep, well said. Also make sure to get athletic versatile wing players, they are notoriously unstoppable on video games. :P

I haven't played this game in a while(just havent had time) so I could probably help you out a bit more once I start playing it again. I got insanely good at recruiting, my last few recruiting classes consisted of the 1,2,4, and 5 overall recruits.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
Also, what day of the week should I use my points or should I spread them out?

I don't really get how the point system works.

I know I'm not doing something right since I can't sign anybody and I'm using Indiana.

Also, initially, how do you know which guys to go after?  Should I look for a certain Interest level and just target those guys?

i always recruited on mondays.

As for what guys to go after, it all depends on what kind of school your at. If you're IU, you shouldn't be going after any guys below a 4 star, and hopefully they have around or above a 70% interest in you already.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 07:50 AM)
I just started playing this recently, what is the key to recruiting on this game?

Can someone please help me out with this?

Basically this is what I did..

Well I started in Career mode so I had to pick a crappy team and it took about 11 years before I started gettin good players and got to move on to a better program, anyways..

I use a phone call as much as possible.. if your doin career mode work on getting your charisma as high as you can so your recruiting actions have a bigger impact.. I sim a week and then go to the recruiting page and use everything possible on the guys I really want.. As you get through years it becomes a little easier but the biggest thing is having your charisma high so the impact is bigger when you use the actions..

If your not doin career mode and just runnin on open mode you cant change anything and just have to hope your coach is already a good recruiter cuz their ratings dont change..

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
Basically this is what I did..

Well I started in Career mode so I had to pick a crappy team and it took about 11 years before I started gettin good players and got to move on to a better program, anyways..

I use a phone call as much as possible.. if your doin career mode work on getting your charisma as high as you can so your recruiting actions have a bigger impact.. I sim a week and then go to the recruiting page and use everything possible on the guys I really want.. As you get through years it becomes a little easier but the biggest thing is having your charisma high so the impact is bigger when you use the actions..

If your not doin career mode and just runnin on open mode you cant change anything and just have to hope your coach is already a good recruiter cuz their ratings dont change..

career mode is where this game is at.

I simmed 30 years once, started at W. Illinois and finished at IU, a 3 time champion.

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
career mode is where this game is at.

I simmed 30 years once, started at W. Illinois and finished at IU, a 3 time champion.

My only beef in the game is the RIDICULOUS upsets

I worked my way up to Duke, ide get to the dance as a #1 seed and lose usually in the first or second round almost every year

I simmed till the career mode was over, I had like over 800 wins and I had ONE National Title.. This was with like 16 years at Duke pullin in top recruits every year.

I would get ousted in the first or second round the majority of the tournaments