Sox vs KC - 3/26 Game Thread

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
Thome's mobility on the basepaths has impressed me about as much as how well he's hitting.

Has Frank Thomas had any at-bats this Spring?

I think today was going to be his first day in a game.

FWIW, Thornton actually looked good that inning. Seems to have gotten rid of that hitch that he had his last outing. Control is much better so far too. Not sure what this all means, but...

Edited by KevHead0881

Thornton looked really good that inning. I think he only threw 1 ball.

The problem with Thornton is that it doesn't really matter how good or bad he looks in one inning. He can pitch lights-out one inning and get completely shellacked in the next. He has no consistency.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)
The problem with Thornton is that it doesn't really matter how good or bad he looks in one inning.  He can pitch lights-out one inning and get completely shellacked in the next.  He has no consistency.

Same problem that Contreras had ........... 'till Coop got a hold of him.

By the way, Scott Williamson appears to be hurt in the Cubs game so I'm glad we didn't trade for him now. I guess he popped his elbow or something. Cubs pitchers are cursed.

Edited by SSH2005

Well, it was obviously one inning, so its nothing to make a big deal about. But he looked a lot different out there. As Hawk and DJ were mentioning, his motion was more fluid, and he was getting his curveball over. Gotta start somewhere.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
Is Thornton going to pitch another inning?  This dude needs to throw more than one inning.

Yep. He's pitching again, and back to form, letting the leadoff man double.

Uribe just got a pretty good out on the runner going to third. And made a nice pick.

Two outs.

In Thornton's first inning of throwing today, he nearly gave up a homer but it barely missed to Left. Everytime he pitches I'm going to be on pins and needles.

Yep. He's pitching again, and back to form, letting the leadoff man double.

Uribe just got a pretty good out on the runner going to third. And made a nice pick.

Two outs.

In Thornton's first inning of throwing today, he nearly gave up a homer but it barely missed to Left. Everytime he pitches I'm going to be on pins and needles.

The problem with Thornton is that it doesn't really matter how good or bad he looks in one inning.  He can pitch lights-out one inning and get completely shellacked in the next.  He has no consistency.

:lol: