Frank Thomas Thread

Reddy

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the replay, Thomas didn't appear to run the bases well. Hobbling a bit.

You wonder how long it will be until troubles resume. Unless he only trots around the bases following HR's it won't be a problem, but anything less he'll have to actually sprint, stop/start quickly on the basepaths.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
hitting one off of unit >  hitting one off a mopup scrub mr on cle

Im really not in the mood to debate though. Each hr counts the same on the stat book.

This is not the randoy johnson or old for one... and cabrera is not a scrub despite his outing last night. You are right about the home runs counting the same though.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
hitting one off of unit >  hitting one off a mopup scrub mr on cle

Im really not in the mood to debate though. Each hr counts the same on the stat book.

?

Mop up Scrub middle reliever? :rolly

This is not the randoy johnson or old for one... and cabrera is not a scrub despite his outing last night. You are right about the home runs counting the same though.

Someone must not know that the Big Unit throws around 93 MPH these days.

Either way, good for Frank. I hope he hits 500. I'd still rather have Thome though. He's a bit younger and I think he will stay healthier.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)

point taken on Johnson, as far as cabrera the jurys still out imo. So far though, Frank was the only one to get past 1st base on Johnson. (through 2 1/3 inings of course :P )

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
I dont think cabrera should be considered top quality until proven other wise for an ENTIRE season. thats just my opinion of course.

But he can be considered a ''mop up scrub middle reliever'' without an entire season in the big leagues? Sounds logical.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
Someone must not know that the Big Unit throws around 93 MPH these days.

Either way, good for Frank.  I hope he hits 500.  I'd still rather have Thome though.  He's a bit younger and I think he will stay healthier.

apparently the rest of the A's lineup doesnt realize that either.

Anyway.. Id take Frank over Thome on what it took to get Thome. Also considering salary.

But, if Thome and Frank were fa's , and I had a choice between the 2 at the same price , I would take Thome over Frank.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
But he can be considered a ''mop up scrub middle reliever'' without an entire season in the big leagues? Sounds logical.

fair enough. I wrote the mop up part on pure emotion. I do respect cabreras Immediate potential.

Frank looks as well as he could have hoped for but if anyone else was watching didn't it seem like he was grimicing often and had a slight limp.. even though he was trying to really to be aggresive and stomp the ground alot.

All that aside i'm not a huge oakland fan and think its funny the yankees are mauling them when everyone and their mom think oakland is the s*** when all anyone should look at is the white sox because of the rotation. But Go Frank and get to 500 and beyone so your a sure HOF but don't be so damn snotty like we made some mistake. any posts welcome. if not thats cool too its more of an observational post.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
Id take Frank over Thome on what it took to get Thome.

I would much rather have Thome than Thomas, considering salary and the trade. Thomes a better guy to have around, is less of an injury risk, and will do better than Frank this year (prediction)

although I love Frank and hes the greatest white sox in my life time (if not ever)

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
Hmmm...

"Oakland Athletics shortstop Bobby Crosby left the game due to an injured hand/wrist."

He got spiked in the finger by Robinson Cano on a stolen base. I think he cut his index finger open because he had it out of his glove when he was catching the ball, and Cano slid right into the back of Crosbys glove.

It might keep him out of the lineup a few days, but I dont think it is much more than a cut to the index finger on his catching hand.

QUOTE(rventura23 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:50 AM)
I would much rather have Thome than Thomas, considering salary and the trade.  Thomes a better guy to have around, is less of an injury risk, and will do better than Frank this year (prediction)

although I love Frank and hes the greatest white sox in my life time (if not ever)

Good God, you just reiterated what like a million other motherf***ers have said, word for word. :puke

Are there a bunch of robots posting on soxtalk, or is it just me?