Podsednik injury update

SSH2005

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
True, yes--but far from unusual. Rotoworld has taken every opportunity to insult our ballclub the last several years. This isn't merely a conspiracy theory--I'm positive someone working for the website despises our ballclub.

Just look at their comments section from the last week and locate one comment where they judge another player based on a perceived injury and label them as a "lousy regular." It's really a "no s***" situation. Remove the most important attribute of someone's game and their bound to become a "lousy regular." Will Gagne still remain a dominant closer without a 98 mph fastball complimenting two outstanding offspeed pitches?

Yep, just another Sox-hating website.  :bang  :D

I want to say one of their writers is a hardcore Twins fan. I could be thinking of another site though.

True, yes--but far from unusual.

Wait, you agree that it's true he's a lously regular if he has no speed then you trash the people that gave that opinion--which you just agreed with. That doesn't make any sense. I believe what they were implying is that Pods relies almost entirely on his speed for OBP and stealing percentage, and defense. I wouldn't use the Gagne analogy either, lets compare position players, say--El Caballo. The horse could tweak a hamstring and still be lousy on defense, and still slug the hell out of the ball--if he hurt his wrist, he'd be a lousy regular. Players just have different sources of effectiveness, it's not really a knock against Pods, so much as a plainly visible fact for most ballplayers--they suck hurt. Unfortunely, Pods' little nagging hamstring is much worse than a "minor" injury because although "minor" it totally negates his strenghts as a player.

Pods relies almost entirely on his speed for effectiveness, this makes him unique, and especially vulnerable to injury.

True, yes--but far from unusual. Rotoworld has taken every opportunity to insult our ballclub the last several years. This isn't merely a conspiracy theory--I'm positive someone working for the website despises our ballclub.

Just look at their comments section from the last week and locate one comment where they judge another player based on a perceived injury and label them as a "lousy regular." It's really a "no s***" situation. Remove the most important attribute of someone's game and their bound to become a "lousy regular." Will Gagne still remain a dominant closer without a 98 mph fastball complimenting two outstanding offspeed pitches?

Yep, just another Sox-hating website.  :bang  :D

It's not like the Rotoworld dude is lying. Without his speed and therefore his ability to steal bases, Podsednik is a ~.350 OBP, ~.700 OPS left fielder. Not very impressive.

It's not like the Rotoworld dude is lying. Without his speed and therefore his ability to steal bases, Podsednik is a ~.350 OBP, ~.700 OPS left fielder. Not very impressive

I wish I could summarize my posts this well--maybe someone would actual understand them then.

I agree completely SSH2005, in a convoluted sort of way.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
Wait, you agree that it's true he's a lously regular if he has no speed then you trash the people that gave that opinion--which you just agreed with.  That doesn't make any sense.

No, I “trash” them because Rotoworld has–in my estimation–an agenda against the White Sox. Thought this would have been clear if you continued reading past the first sentence. I don't know how you and Jabs concluded my posts as implying anything differently.

I invited anyone willing to browse through their comments section and locate such quotations matching the criticism seen in Podsednik’s box. Not merely the "lously regular comment," but ANYTHING which insults a player. Ok, so Gagne wouldn't be a lousy regular as I referenced in my post--he'll still be a far shadow of his old self. Where was Rotoworld to call Gagne a medicore pitcher when he was hitting high 80's several weeks ago?

My purpose was not to suggest Rotoworld has the audacity to post truthful statements. I’m noting their biased attitudes. If they fairly critiqued other players aside from ours I wouldn’t have a problem.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
No, I “trash” them because Rotoworld has–in my estimation–an agenda against the White Sox. Thought this would have been clear if you continued reading past the first sentence. I don't know how you and Jabs concluded my posts as implying anything different.

I invited anyone willing to browse through their comments section and locate such quotations matching the criticism seen in Podsednik’s box. My purpose was not to suggest Rotoworld has the audacity to post truthful statements. I’m noting their biased attitudes. If they fairly critiqued other players aside from ours I wouldn’t have a problem.

I've definitely seen it too fwiw. Not just with a guy like pods.

Here he is. Aaron Gleeman. Big Twinks fan. Look at his AL sleepers.

Google cache story

His Twinks website

Edited by jphat007

No, I “trash” them because Rotoworld has–in my estimation–an agenda against the White Sox. Thought this would have been clear if you continued reading past the first sentence. I don't know how you and Jabs concluded my posts as implying anything different.

I invited anyone willing to browse through their comments section and locate such quotations matching the criticism seen in Podsednik’s box. My purpose was not to suggest Rotoworld has the audacity to post truthful statements. I’m noting their biased attitudes. If they fairly critiqued other players aside from ours I wouldn’t have a problem.

I didn't say that there was anything wrong with your post. I do believe that Rotoworld seems to have some bias against Kenny. The Bajenaru for Cintron trade was a pure steal and Rotoworld was unimpressed with it. But in this case about Podsednik, they are right.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
I invited anyone willing to browse through their comments section and locate such quotations matching the criticism seen in Podsednik’s box. Not merely the "lously regular comment," but ANYTHING which insults a player. Ok, so Gagne wouldn't be a lousy regular as I referenced in my post--he'll still be a far shadow of his old self. Where was  Rotoworld to call Gagne a medicore pitcher when he was hitting high 80's several weeks ago?

Gagne is still in the low 90's according to the LATimes by the way, like 1 pitch at 94, and the rest at 92 or below.

I still say that Pods having a bit of a growing tweak is exactly what we should expect right now, since he's basically just startin ST, and he's probably going as much all out as he can be right now.

seasons over. when does football start.

Yea, I hear Griese tripped over his neighbor's dog and won't be able to make the mini-camp's this summer...

The Bears have the hardest partying QB trio in the history of the league: Grossman, Griese and Orton all know where the tripple kegger is on Saturday night.

I've definitely seen it too fwiw. Not just with a guy like pods.

Here he is. Aaron Gleeman. Big Twinks fan. Look at his AL sleepers.

Fantasy production doesn't equal real world production, and with his Twins sleepers he usually prefaces it by saying, "well player X will drag down the Twins offense this year, but he'll help your fantasy team with 30 homers, etc."

Yea, Aron's a Twinkies fan, but it's not like he's an obnoxious homer. That Morneu pick is a good one, scouts and computers have been hailing this guy for years, and he had a super slow start last year, and still finished pretty solid.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
Gagne is still in the low 90's according to the LATimes by the way, like 1 pitch at 94, and the rest at 92 or below.

I still say that Pods having a bit of a growing tweak is exactly what we should expect right now, since he's basically just startin ST, and he's probably going as much all out as he can be right now.

This could be the case. However, the complicating factor is that he had surgery in the off season. The sports hernia has a direct relationship with the groin/adductor muscles. That's why an important quote for Herm was "it could be scar tissue from the surgery." It is in the same area and hopefully it is just stengthening or the scar tissue problem. The sports hernia surgeries do not always work well enough on guys who rely on speed. A good example is Kendrell Bell when he was a linebacker for the Steelers. He relied on speed for rushing the QB. He has not been the same player since that surgery.