I worry about Cintron

trottime

The scuttlebut in the Arizona Valley, where I live, is that the D Backs were glad to see Cintron go because he was considered an erratic fielder. He blew an easy grounder in the first inning of the game today.

After having seen the Sox lose big time to the Giants last Saturday and watch Cotts blow the lead today, I worry about our relief pitching. Granted that most of the pitchers in the Giants game will not make the roster. An exception is Logan who looked good.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
Not unless Gooch is hitting about .190.

I could see it being like it was with Juan a few seasons ago... he just comes out and keeps hitting, forcing himself into the lineup. The thing with Tadahito is, he just does so much right. Even if he is not hitting, he helps the team. I have a hard time seeing Ozzie sit him for extended periods.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
I could see it being like it was with Juan a few seasons ago... he just comes out and keeps hitting, forcing himself into the lineup. The thing with Tadahito is, he just does so much right. Even if he is not hitting, he helps the team. I have a hard time seeing Ozzie sit him for extended periods.

Jermaine Dye had a good 2 months last year where he was absolutely terrible, and ozzie didn't Pull him.

Iguchi has even more time than that. Guaranteed. If he's below the Mendoza line at the AS Break, we'll talk.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
Jermaine Dye had a good 2 months last year where he was absolutely terrible, and ozzie didn't Pull him.

Iguchi has even more time than that.  Guaranteed.  If he's below the Mendoza line at the AS Break, we'll talk.

Different situation, as everyone sees Cintron as an adequate replacement. Ozuna is my favorite Sox, but yikes to him everyday. Gload, blah, Timo, blah, Borchard, no thanks, Anderson, ready or not we don't know. Don't even kid about Carl out there.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I agree with you though.

Edited by SuperSteve

Iguchi has even more time than that.  Guaranteed.  If he's below the Mendoza line at the AS Break, we'll talk.

Who was going to replace Dye -- Timo? Cintron is a much better 2B backup than Timo is a RF backup.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
He has lapses on routine plays, but he's a very good hitter and in general a solid player.  I expect him to be our starting 2nd baseman by mid-season.

Wow, thats a pretty bold prediction. So are you thinking that Iguchi is going to have a disappointing year like Shingo did last year? If you think about it, it would be a similar situation having Cintron step in like Hermanson did last year at closer.

QUOTE(The Human Borch @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
Wow, thats a pretty bold prediction. So are you thinking that Iguchi is going to have a disappointing year like Shingo did last year? If you think about it, it would be a similar situation having Cintron step in like Hermanson did last year at closer.

I highly doubt it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
He has lapses on routine plays, but he's a very good hitter and in general a solid player.  I expect him to be our starting 2nd baseman by mid-season.

I don't know, with ozzie being quoted as calling Tadahito the teams MVP last season, I don't think he will drop off that far in Ozzie's eyes. I think this is a very bold prediction that has very little chance to come true. I mean, even if Iguchi does struggle, he does all the things that Ozzie asks of him.

QUOTE(trottime @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
The scuttlebut in the Arizona Valley, where I live, is that the D Backs were glad to see Cintron go because he was considered an erratic fielder.  He blew an easy grounder in the first inning of the game today.

After having seen the Sox lose big time to the Giants last Saturday and watch Cotts blow the lead today, I worry about our relief pitching.  Granted that most of the pitchers in the Giants game will not make the roster.  An exception is Logan who looked good.

Did you start last season with worry about the fact that Timo couldnt hit, or Willie had all the speed but couldnt do anything with it.

We replaced Timo with Mack and Willie with Cintron. If you cant see the upgrade factor, I will put it out there for you.

Mack>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Timo

Cintron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Willie

Dont worry about the new group 4. Our new group 4 could start on most teams.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)

Well, the All-Star break WOULD be "mid-season".... :D