Dusty complaining about a tie

Kyyle23

Did anyone see the end of the game yesterday? Dusty sure didnt look as pissed as he came off in this tribune article when talking about ending the game in the 9th as a tie.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

And though the final score might look like a tie, the Sox came away winners in the end because manager Ozzie Guillen managed to get under Baker's skin.

The puzzled crowd began booing the decision, which Guillen had made before the Cubs batted in the ninth. Since spring training games are meaningless in the long run, it's up to the managers whether to play extra innings. Guillen had signaled to Baker before the Cubs' ninth to let him know he did not want to play extra innings.

Baker shrugged off the decision in his postgame news conference, basically saying he empathized with the disappointed fans.

"You hate to end it in a tie," Baker said. "We didn't like it either."

But Baker was actually more perturbed at the decision than he let on. He wanted to go one more inning but didn't want to make a big deal of it since Guillen didn't want to play any longer, citing a lack of available pitchers.

And you gotta love Bobby Howry throwing a little gas on the fire again

Cubs reliever Bob Howry, a former Sox who served up one of two home runs to Jim Thome, said he expects it to be a little more intense now that the Sox have the upper hand from their '05 title.

"Being on this side of it, I don't know what to expect," Howry said. "The players don't think about it much at all. When I was with the Sox, the fans didn't expect you to win anything, but if you beat the Cubs it was a great year.

"Obviously that's not the case anymore. Things have changed. It'll be a lot more interesting this year because they're the champions."

I remember wanting to beat the Cubs when Howry was with the Sox(when the Sox played the Cubs, all six times a year), but that wasnt what qualified a great year. Howry needs to quit talking about the Sox, he obviously didnt "get it" when he was with the Sox.

Cubs reliever Bob Howry, a former Sox who served up one of two home runs to Jim Thome, said he expects it to be a little more intense now that the Sox have the upper hand from their '05 title.

"Being on this side of it, I don't know what to expect," Howry said. "The players don't think about it much at all. When I was with the Sox, the fans didn't expect you to win anything, but if you beat the Cubs it was a great year."

Good grief. Someone slap him. Hard.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 09:54 AM)

"Being on this side of it, I don't know what to expect," Howry said. "The players don't think about it much at all. When I was with the Sox, the fans didn't expect you to win anything, but if you beat the Cubs it was a great year."

Good grief. Someone slap him. Hard.

Well, Jim Thome did that yesterday for all of us. And boy did a smile light up my face shortly thereafter :)

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 11:04 AM)
Wasn't it Howry's pitch that Thome mashed into the seats??

Thome did that for Maddux and Howry.

Howry's pitch was hit oppo though. :)

Edited by kyyle23

I love Howry. He said pitching with the Sox was unforgettable here. He had a great time and still loves the organization. Eyre is the one who hates the Sox and the organization with a passion and is still trying to forget what he calles "the lost years" on the southside. Good luck facing our "black and silver" jerseys this year Scott.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
I love Howry. He said pitching with the Sox was unforgettable here. He had a great time and still loves the organization. Eyre is the one who hates the Sox and the organization with a passion and is still trying to forget what he calles "the lost years" on the southside. Good luck facing our "black and silver" jerseys this year Scott.

With all due respect, you couldn't be any more wrong if you tried. Howry is a arrogant prick who rips the White Sox orgainzation every chance he gets while trying to build up the Cubs now. He's a perfect member of Trib Co. As for Eyre, him calling his time in Chicago with the Sox "the lost years" is more referring to the fact he was dealing with the difficult to deal with adult ADD which really messed up his game. I think "the lost years" refers to the fact he had ADD to deal with then and is now recovered and pitching better than it does dissing the Sox.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

The next person stroking out about the tie is Mike Murphy from the Score, the ultra cub fan. His entire show today is basically asking why the comissioner would allow a tie. How the poor cubby faithful from Ho Ho Cam park are bent ouf of shape, and they spent money to see a winner. LOL Murph its spring training, and Cub fans are not used to winning anyways.

God I hate when I forget my IPOD at home. Dan Patrick vs Murph, either way you lose.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Maybe Freddy will put one in Derek Lee's ribs again.

I like Derek Lee so I hope he doesnt.... just because he is a Cub doesnt mean he is a bad person or anything lol :bang . Anyways he also was one of the biggest reasons the Marlins beat the Cubs in 03 :P

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
I like Derek Lee so I hope he doesnt.... just because he is a Cub doesnt mean he is a bad person or anything lol  :bang .  Anyways he also was one of the biggest reasons the Marlins beat the Cubs in 03  :P

I don't have a problem with him either, I just remember he was killing every pitch thrown under the sun Freddy plunked him and the Sox shut him down the whole series.

According to George Offman of The Score, Ozzie told the Cubs' dugout and the umpires during the 8th inning that he was out of pitchers and only wanted to go one more inning. The umpires were already walking off the field right after Cotts got out of the bottom of the 9th inning.

Dusty is playing to the sorry-ass Cubs fans so he can look good.

The hell would Guillen care about one more loss this spring. As if 12 games under five hundred is different than 13.

If anything, Baker looks worse for actually caring about a tie in spring training. Does the extra 1 after his record suggesting a tie game make The Dude upset?