Will Pods be ready for opener?

SSH2005

QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
In order for the inflammation to show on the MRI there needs to more fluid present than just typical inflammation. The sports hernia is a basket term for these muscle problems and it could very well go down the way you are saying. But if the inflammation is at that level and he's feeling in the same area, I would be very cautious also. Especially in this case where his base stealing relies on the lateral movement and tremendous acceleration.

If I remember right Tim Raines described Pods first move as a cross over step with his left leg  as opposed to the way he did it with a right first step. If this is the case that is all the more reason to be careful with the left leg.

Well sure they should be careful. I wouldn't send him back out there until he's practically 100% which could come Friday, Sunday, next Tuesday. Really it's all speculation. Nobody knows how it will go down. Everybody's bodies react differently.

I'm just thankful it wasn't worse and it happened now, so he can get over the first initial mental hurdle, because he was going to feel a twinge at some point.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
Well sure they should be careful. I wouldn't send him back out there until he's practically 100% which could come Friday, Sunday, next Tuesday. Really it's all speculation. Nobody knows how it will go down. Everybody's bodies react differently.

I'm just thankful it wasn't worse and it happened now, so he can get over the first initial mental hurdle, because he was going to feel a twinge at some point.

Very true. But I also think this will be a longer term problem then we think.

the real shocking news I just read was that Hermanson is contemplating have a nerve permanently deadened in his back. This is serious stuff going on and they are thinking last ditch effort here if this is the case. I very pessimistic that we'll ever see him return. :crying

Well, if Podsednik does end up missing some time this season, a platoon of Mackowiak and Ozuna in LF damn sure looks a lot better than a platoon of Timo and Ozuna in LF. They are still only bench players but they are at least good bench players.

the real shocking news I just read was that Hermanson is contemplating have a nerve permanently deadened in his back. This is serious stuff going on and they are thinking last ditch effort here if this is the case. I very pessimistic that we'll ever see him return.  :crying

Man, that sucks so much. A healthy Hermanson wasn't going to match his awesome 2005 season but he would have been a nice guy to have for the 6th and 7th innings. He should just have the surgery, collect his paycheck (he probably earned it for last season alone), and worry about being able to pick up his kids.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Well, if Podsednik does end up missing some time this season, a platoon of Mackowiak and Ozuna in LF damn sure looks a lot better than a platoon of Timo and Ozuna in LF.  They are still only bench players but they are at least good bench players.

i agree. I think they are both more than capable fill-ins.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)

the real shocking news I just read was that Hermanson is contemplating have a nerve permanently deadened in his back. This is serious stuff going on and they are thinking last ditch effort here if this is the case. I very pessimistic that we'll ever see him return.  :crying

Only if something happens to aggrevate it further. As it stands right now, what he has is not something that should keep him out any longer than around opening day. If he does soemthing to it by coming back too early, then it could be longer term.

Then again, he could get to 100% and blow out something else. You just never know with injuries. Anybody could get hurt at anytime. We've been relatively lucky with injuries this spring compared with a bunch of teams this spring. It's all relative I suppose.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
Only if something happens to aggrevate it further. As it stands right now, what he has is not something that should keep him out any longer than around opening day. If he does soemthing to it by coming back too early, then it could be longer term.

Then again, he could get to 100% and blow out something else. You just never know with injuries. Anybody could get hurt at anytime. We've been relatively lucky with injuries this spring compared with a bunch of teams this spring. It's all relative I suppose.

Well I guess we'll agree to disagree. From his reaction, the team's reaction and from the one's I've treated, this does seem to be that minor.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
Well I guess we'll agree to disagree. From his reaction, the team's reaction and from the one's I've treated, this does seem to be that minor.

Well, Herm is the one who said it was just a slight strain and fairly minor and that he'll be alright. He is the one that's best to listen to I suppose. Who knows though. No real point in speculating.