Marte-Guerrier update

BrandoFan

Matty-Matt (AAA):

0-4....6.03 ERA....34.1 innings...40 hits....12bb....26so...7 HR...2 WP

Damaso (ML):

2-0....1.42 ERA....19.0 innings...12 hits....10bb....26so...... .176 avg-a.....1.16 WHIP

Say hey, ho...

Matty-Matt (AAA):

0-4....6.03 ERA....34.1 innings...40 hits....12bb....26so...7 HR...2 WP

Damaso (ML):

2-0....1.42 ERA....19.0 innings...12 hits....10bb....26so...... .176 avg-a.....1.16 WHIP

Say hey, ho...

one of the few good moves by KW. i have like Marte since we got him.

*Cough*olivojimenezgordonloaizakochharrispachecocottsdiazdaubachglovercolonmarte*cough*

Judging by this, KW should never make a "big deal" again. Almost all his small ones turn out to be the biggest success stories.

The jury is still out on at least Gordon, Koch, Harris, Pacheco, Cotts, Diaz, Daubach, and Glover. Colon will be gone before the season is over. As of right now, all KW has is Olivo, Jimenez (debatable), Loaiza, and Marte to go with D. Wells, K-layton, and Ritchie..... not to mention, being raped by the A's in the Durham deal..... though some say that Adkins MUST have been all we could have got for Durham. Not to mention, we paid alot of Ray's salary after that trade and, if I'm not mistaken, Valentine was the PTBNL..... or was that the Koch trade :huh: ? KW gets owned by Beane so often, I can't keep my bad Sox/A's trades straight.

Lets not forget we got Ruddy Yan in the Marte deal.

Also, back to my shameless self promotion, finished my article on rebuilding the team and damn is it way way longer then I thought.

Should be up tomorrow after its edited and such. :D

umm, three trades between the two teams, one was a bad deal (Durham) the other two were even (olivo/bradford koch/foulke), so how does he get owned?

Paying the rest of Durhams salary and losing Valentine as the PTBNL. When Cotts, Adkins, And Bradford make it to the big leagues, let me know. Until then, KW got OWNED!

Paying the rest of Durhams salary and losing Valentine as the PTBNL. When Cotts, Adkins, And Bradford make it to the big leagues, let me know. Until then, KW got OWNED!

Ah....

Bradford already made it to the majors... hes been pitching brillaintly for the A's....

I dont think thats a bad trade anymore... hell just having the pleasure of watching Miggy GUN basestealers down is worth it.

Ah....

Bradford already made it to the majors... hes been pitching brillaintly for the A's....

Sorry..... I don't follow the A's ;)

It would figure Bradford is doing well for the A's given KW's track record :rolleyes:

Fair nuff... but atleast have your facts straight to rip the guy.... otherwise it gives the "excuse patrol" more ammo.

Bradford is who we gave up for Miguel Olivo.

Right now of all the trades we made with them, they have Bradford and Foulke at the show, we have Koch and Olivo there.

You can talk about giving up Valentine, yet he isn't at the show yet and great starter is always more valuable then a great reliever

Bradford is who we gave up for Miguel Olivo.

Right now of all the trades we made with them, they have Bradford and Foulke at the show, we have Koch and Olivo there.

You can talk about giving up Valentine, yet he isn't at the show yet and great starter is always more valuable then a great reliever

That argument leaves out KW biggest f***up dealing with Oakland. Ray Durham + 500K + 2 first round pics(not from us... but as compensation for losing ray as a FA) = Jon adkins.

A martian would be able to accertain that was a moronic thing to do.

Oh ya, those 2 first round picks make it looks stupid.  In his defense no one thought there were going to be supplemental picks.

Lets for a moment forget that those 2 picks exsist.

Ray durham (2 time all-star) + 500K for Jon Adkins (5 year minor leaguer whos 26 at the time of the trade)

Yea... the supplemental picks is what makes that trade look bad.

And please dont tell me no demand for ray ray...

Tyler houston ( 2nd basemen/bench warmer) was traded from Brewers to LA for 2 of LA's top 10 prospects.

What that equals is the complete failure of our GM and front office to not only place a acceptable value on our players, but to also be completely out of it.

No I completely agree with you.  It was beyond stupid.  We should of gotten Lidle at a minimum in that deal or at least one of their good young infielders.

EXACTLY!

how is it we were the only team shopping a veteran all-star 2Bman (plus half his salary) for jon f***ing adkins... that trade alone justifies firing KW. Lets not bring up the Clayton or ritchie mess....

I am so berry barry confused as to how people defend KW.

I am so berry barry confused as to how people defend KW.

Because he traded for Colon....and he signed Esteban Loaiza.

One trade does not make Kenny Williams a god. And anyone can sign people. Signing people to 1-year deals is not as difficult as making a trade.

Because he traded for Colon....and he signed Esteban Loaiza.

One trade does not make Kenny Williams a god.  And anyone can sign people.  Signing people to 1-year deals is not as difficult as making a trade.

Hmm.

KW hasnt made just "one" bad move. He's mad a series of bad moves. The GM of a Professional team, is in most cases never judged by his successes, but moreso his ability to avoid failers.

One bad trade. No biggie.

Two bad trades? eh...

3 bad trades? ah-oh

Ah whats the name of the player we are suppsoed to get? HELP! PLEASE HELP! MY TEAM IS RUN BY A MORON!

wow, showing off you knowledge eh cubkilla?

you say we gave up Valentine deal, which was bad, yet turn around and say when Cotts makes it to bigs, let me know. umm, Valentine isn't in the bigs last time I checked.

why do would throw Bradford in it? he was in a totally different deal, a deal which was even (OLIVO FOR BRADFORD).

there a two outcome to trades. how the trade looks at the time, how the trade turns out to be.

just because a trade turns out bad, doesn't mean it was bad from the get go. s*** happens.

I hate it how people blame everything on KW. is he a good GM? eh, not really, but is he the cause of ALL PROBLEMS and is he THE WORST GM IN THE BASEBALL? no.

I swear, I think I'm just gonna write something up, showing all his moves so I can copy and paste it to prove all that are against him wrong.

there a two outcome to trades.  how the trade looks at the time, how the trade turns out to be.

just because a trade turns out bad, doesn't mean it was bad from the get go.  s*** happens.

I hate it how people blame everything on KW.  is he a good GM? eh, not really, but is he the cause of ALL PROBLEMS and is he THE WORST GM IN THE BASEBALL? no.

I swear, I think I'm just gonna write something up, showing all his moves so I can copy and paste it to prove all that are against him wrong.

Ok,

1) how does the trade look at the time - BAD! we pay to give up durham for jon adkins.

2) how does it look now - worse, oakland gets 2 picks for jon adkins.

KW isnt all that ailes us, but as the GM of this team he would be credited for its sucesses and as much as you may dislike it hes going to have to bear the burden of his failure.

I can understand all the its a good move bad move talk...

But then how do u explain the incompetence in the berry barry trade?

see i'm berry barry confused again.