Randy Johnson....father of the year candidate

Kyyle23

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...6p-342083c.html

Brushback pitch

Randy's love child blasts Yankee for shunning her

By NANCY DILLON in Langley, Wash., and DAVE GOLDINER in New York

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Standing at 6-feet-1, the love child of Randy Johnson, Heather Roszell, says 'it hurts' that the Yankee ace is suing her mom, Laurel Roszell (at right, in their home).

Randy Johnson's teenage love child broke her silence yesterday - saying "it hurts" that the Yankees superstar has shunned her and is playing legal hardball with her mother.

Heather Roszell, 16, has never spoken to her millionaire dad and says her letters to him have mostly gone unanswered over the years.

"I'm not sure I even want to see him after what he's putting my mom through," said Roszell, a willowy, 6-foot-1 blond. "And I just don't think it's fair for children not to have a relationship with their parents."

The poised teen sat next to her mother, Laurel Roszell, in their airy redwood home framed by floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking a lake in Washington State.

She hasn't watched her flamethrowing father's games on TV in years because it's too painful for her.

"I just don't like to watch him at all," said Heather Roszell, who once played basketball and volleyball.

"I don't have a relationship with him. It's upsetting."

The teen admitted she has done some research on Johnson's four other children, and said she would love to meet her half brothers and -sisters.

She even said that she might come to New York - but only if Johnson invited her to meet his other children.

"I would want to meet them, just so they know that I'm actually their sister," Heather said. "It's nice to know that I have other blood out there."

The existence of the Big Unit's love child was a well-kept secret for years, and Heather said she had only told her best friend about her famous dad.

But all that changed when Johnson, who makes $16 million a year, sued Laurel Roszell last month for less than $100,000 in back child-care payments.

Johnson, 42, has paid $5,000 a month in child support since 1997, but apparently objected when his ex-girlfriend asked for additional money to buy Heather a car and pay for community college costs.

He fired back by demanding she repay more than $70,000 in money earmarked for his daughter's day care, plus interest.

Johnson said in a statement Monday that he has met his financial obligations to his daughter and has worked to ensure she has a bright future.

At spring training camp yesterday, the 6-foot-10 southpaw told reporters: "It's a situation that my family has known about the whole time and just move on from here. It's a family matter so I just tend to keep it private."

Laurel Roszell said she had no regrets about dating Johnson in the late '80s when she was working at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California and he was a rookie with the Montreal Expos.

But she branded him a "hypocrite" for allegedly nickel-anddiming her and, even worse, refusing to communicate with their daughter.

"Randy hasn't really acknowledged her, that she's even alive," said Laurel Roszell, 46, who is married with another son. "He doesn't ask about her. It's very hard for her. It's sad."

Since the news hit the headlines yesterday, Heather has had to fend off prying questions from classmates and the curious stares of strangers.

"I don't like having to explain to people why I don't have a relationship with him," she said. "I don't like trying to explain my whole life in, like, 10 minutes."

Heather, who plans to go to college after graduating from high school next year, choked up as she said she had come to terms with a life never knowing her father.

"I just know that my mom is a really strong person, and she's going to take care of me," she said, blinking back tears.

Even after years of bitterness, Laurel Roszell said she still hopes Johnson will have a change of heart and reach out to his daughter. "It's her biological father," the mom said. "How could she say no?"

With Michaela Wheatley in Langley, Wash.

Im curious as to what the mother asked for, but for RJ to demand that the mother pay back ALL of the child support he paid her, plus 30,000 in interest is just ludicrous and mean. That girl must really have some strong feelings about her father.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
WOW...

What a s*** guy...

God forbid a guy who makes 16 million a year pay for his daughter to have a car and go to community college... and then sue the mom for money when he should of been forced to pay more in the first place...

What an asshole....

And that's why I'm on the mother and daughter's side. The mother could have taken his ass back to court and gotten waaaaay more then $5k a month all these years. CS is a % of GROSS income. I honestly hope the judge wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and does whatever he can to make him pay for opening this can of worms.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
The white Karl Malone.  Wonder if this is the only one out there.

Not trying to defend Karl Malone because what he did with the twins is wrong aswell, but at least he's now being a part in their lives. That's more than Randy Johnson right now.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
WOW...

What a s*** guy...

God forbid a guy who makes 16 million a year pay for his daughter to have a car and go to community college... and then sue the mom for money when he should of been forced to pay more in the first place...

What an asshole....

are you kidding me? 5,000 a month since 97 is not enough to buy that ? Let's do the math here.....

5,000 month = 60,000 a year = 480,000 over the last 8 years.

I don't entirely feel sorry for the girl. I agree she should meet her sisters. But damn, they are probably just after more money.

I could see if this guy was just some average MLB shmoe...But this Randy freaken Johnson... He has been one of the highest paid pitchers in baseball for quite awhile... His daughter should of been entitled to alot more... Especially since he won't even bother to see her... If I were her I'd bleed the asshole dry.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 02:03 AM)
are you kidding me? 5,000  a month since 97  is not enough to buy that ?  Let's do the  math here.....

5,000 month  = 60,000  a year = 480,000 over the last 8 years.

I don't entirely feel sorry for the girl.  I agree she should meet her sisters. But damn, they are probably just after more money.

60,000 isnt really all that much per year especially since im guessing her mom doesnt make that.... and anyways no amount of money can replace a relationship with your father.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
are you kidding me? 5,000  a month since 97  is not enough to buy that ?  Let's do the  math here.....

I don't entirely feel sorry for the girl.  I agree she should meet her sisters. But damn, they are probably just after more money.

Point is noted... however don't blame her for the child support laws in this country. His offspring, ALL OF THEM, are entitled to the SAME financial advantages. His other kids have been being supported on an average of $13 MILLION a year. Also, she didn't ask for any more support. She asked him to help out with a car and college. HE'S the one asking for money back.

And you don't feel sorry for her...? You don't feel sorry that her father - whom she seems to want a relationship with - won't give her the time of day? What did she do to him? Nothing. If he's got beef with the mother so be it. There is no reason to be a jag to the daughter. Stand up and be a man and take responsiblilty for your actions. Being a parent goes far beyond writting a check despite what some asshole men in this country think.

If this was in Illinois Randy would be f***ed. 1 child = 20% of his earnings for Child Support. That 5k would be pennies on the dollar here.

Who cares if the 5k is enough money. This guy makes 16 million dollars a year. Just for being a non-existant father he should shell out some coin to make sure this girl is taken care of. He is her father. He should want to make sure she gets to go to school and the rest of it. This guy is a piece of s***. Its not like he is broke and she put that arm on him for something silly. Community College and a f***ing car. Come on.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)
480,000 dollars since 1997!? That's plenty of money for 4 years of college at most expensive school you can think of, enough for a good-quality car, plenty left for graduate school, and still money for other things? Maybe she's been blowing off the money

How about the 9 f***ing years this deadbeat didn't pay s***...??? How about the fact that she could have, ACCORDING TO THE LAW gotten THOUSANDS MORE per month, but DIDN'T...?

Good grief. Atttack the law if you don't like it. Not the person just trying to get what is entitled to them.

as someone who gladly pays a pretty healthy amount of child support for his daughter, i think randy johnson is a complete and total asshole. of course i thought that before as well.

i think what most sickens me is the fact that he has obviously made no attempt to be a part of this young woman's life. that is sad. every child wants a relationship with their parents, and to go all this time and never see her to me is worse than the whole money issue.

i hope she gets all she wants and more.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 04:43 AM)
Point is noted... however don't blame her for the child support laws in this country. His offspring, ALL OF THEM, are entitled to the SAME financial advantages. His other kids have been being supported on an average of $13 MILLION a year. Also, she didn't ask for any more support. She asked him to help out with a car and college. HE'S the one asking for money back.

And you don't feel sorry for her...? You don't feel sorry that her father - whom she seems to want a relationship with - won't give her the time of day? What did she do to him? Nothing. If he's got beef with the mother so be it. There is no reason to be a jag to the daughter. Stand up and be a man and take responsiblilty for your actions. Being a parent goes far beyond writting a check despite what some asshole men in this country think.

Absolutely correct! Not sure how many people responding to this are actual parents...but it is the HARDEST but mosting rewarding thing there is! That just breaks my heart about his daughter...mostly just wanting some small relationship....anything...with her father.

And Steff...don't get me started on CS laws. Not all cases are the same...and probably 85% of the time the Dads get screwed in some way shape or form. I'm a single dad of 4 (3 full-time)...and have spent more $$$ TRYING to get more time with my youngest...but continually come up against systematic, going through the motion bullcrap system. It's kind of like an HMO rate plan paid to physicians. Ever try going against a headcase mother with rich parents?!? I finally just gave up and excepted what "the law" doled out.

Bottom line....RJ continues to show his true colors as a human being.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
And Steff...don't get me started on CS laws.  Not all cases are the same...and probably 85% of the time the Dads get screwed in some way shape or form.  I'm a single dad of 4 (3 full-time)...and have spent more $$$ TRYING to get more time with my youngest...but continually come up against systematic, going through the motion bullcrap system. It's kind of like an HMO rate plan paid to physicians.  Ever try going against a headcase mother with rich parents?!?  I finally just gave up and excepted what "the law" doled out. 

You don't have to tell me about them. I'm well aware from several friends Jim and I have. It's unreal, and IMO, unfair to the payer - regardless of gender.

I fee for ya. And major props to you and all the others who "take care of their kids". ;)

:cheers

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)

Johnson is the one suing for money. I thought one of the responsibilities for being a parent was to provide the best life you can for your child, which to me would include more than cutting a check. While the money total may be a nice total for a regular middle class family, the fact remains the mother easily could have received more money if that was her goal. She didn't even get anything until the child was 9 or 10 years old. What kind of horrible man must you be if you have a daughter who is 16, have visitation rights and the means to do whatever you want for her, and you wouldn't be even to recognize her if she stood right in front of you? What kind of creep refuses to answer his young daughter's continuous requests at a meeting? Life is tough enough for young kids these days without having to deal with your father acting as if you don't exist. Randy Johnson is a great pitcher, but he is a pathetic man.

Edited by Dick Allen