Ice Cream

Texsox

Whch do you prefer?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Whch do you prefer?

• Soft Serve
    • Hand Scooped

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)
Moose Tracks does not come in soft serve, therefore soft serve is useless.

I go with the Bunny Tracks myself. It's a little bit cheaper and tastes the exact same. If I have soft serve I like to go with the chocolate ice cream dipped in chocolate combo.

Anyone ever have Cold Stone Creamery? That place is a little expensive but their ice cream is awesome.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 10:38 AM)
I go with the Bunny Tracks myself. It's a little bit cheaper and tastes the exact same. If I have soft serve I like to go with the chocolate ice cream dipped in chocolate combo.

Anyone ever have Cold Stone Creamery? That place is a little expensive but their ice cream is awesome.

I have a gift card for the place, but still have not gone. There isn't one by me.

And Cold Stone is gross, IMO.

That seems a bit extreme. It's ice cream. What, do they poop in it first or something?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
That seems a bit extreme. It's ice cream. What, do they poop in it first or something?

It tastes fake to me. The strawberries (which is the only kind I have tried from there) were hard and plastic in texture, and Jim said the chocolate chunks tasted stale.

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
Oberweis in any flavor is the best !!!!!!!

Oberweis icecream, icecream cakes, pies, whatever, are on my "what I miss about chicago list." I get kind of ill from dairy, but it's worth it when it's Oberweis. . .

Although, I *love* the chocolate sorbet from Haagen Daas.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
Agree.

And Cold Stone is gross, IMO.

I agree...everyone seems to love it, but its so freaking sweet I can't have but two bites.

I'm more of a soft serve guy. I like strawberry and chocolate. but if I get a cone its all about vanilla dipped in Chocolate.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 11:16 AM)
I agree...everyone seems to love it, but its so freaking sweet I can't have but two bites.

It's like they add so much sugar to try to make it not taste so bland.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 11:41 AM)
Oh good Lord... I feel like heading home for a few miles on the treadmill after just looking at that.  :o

LOL! I actually thought similar. That looks insane.

Well, I have a $10 gift card so I will be trying it soon. But somebody told me that might get me a single scoop.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
LOL! I actually thought similar. That looks insane.

Well, I have a $10 gift card so I will be trying it soon. But somebody told me that might get me a single scoop.

Na. $10 will get you a couple visits there.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 11:09 AM)
Oberweis icecream, icecream cakes, pies, whatever, are on my "what I miss about chicago list." I get kind of ill from dairy, but it's worth it when it's Oberweis. . .

Although, I *love* the chocolate sorbet from Haagen Daas.

[geek warning] The Oberweis clan are excellent chess players and supporters of the game in and around the Chicago area. I believe it was Jim Oberweis who kicked my ass in a game down in Joliet. He opened with the English, I was unprepared, and it was over before I knew what hit me. IIRC his daughter was one of the top High School players in the state. [/geek]