U.S. Rep McKinney (D-GA) punches a cop

samclemens

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 10:01 AM)
She will be...and I think the fact that she decided to make this a racial issue has only hardened the resolve of the capitol police.  Had she just come forward the next day and apologized, I bet they would have dropped it, but it's going to the grand jury, and it's what she deserves.

She just apologized on the floor of the house. We'll see if it was enough or if was too little, tooo late.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
She just apologized on the floor of the house.  We'll see if it was enough or if was too little, tooo late.

According to the APthis morning...it may or may not be too late...the police have finished their investigation and given their information to a federal prosecutor. That prosecutor now has to decide whether there's enough information to head to a grand jury.

Even if there is an apology, she should probably go to court anyway...and she should probably face an ethics charge in the House ethics committee too, but of course, that thing has been completely shut down.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 10:41 AM)
According to the APthis morning...it may or may not be too late...the police have finished their investigation and given their information to a federal prosecutor.  That prosecutor now has to decide whether there's enough information to head to a grand jury.

Even if there is an apology, she should probably go to court anyway...and she should probably face an ethics charge in the House ethics committee too, but of course, that thing has been completely shut down.

It has bben taken to the grand jury. Today. Waiting for news on it now.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:49 AM)
It has bben taken to the grand jury.  Today.  Waiting for news on it now.

If it's gone to a grand jury...an apology should make no difference. The only thing that would make a difference is a prosecutor or the cops themselves deciding not to go ahead with charges.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
If it's gone to a grand jury...an apology should make no difference.  The only thing that would make a difference is a prosecutor or the cops themselves deciding not to go ahead with charges.

Which an apology may achieve.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 10:41 AM)
According to the APthis morning...it may or may not be too late...the police have finished their investigation and given their information to a federal prosecutor.  That prosecutor now has to decide whether there's enough information to head to a grand jury.

Yeah. Let someone like you or me try slugging a cop and see if you can get by with saying your sorry..........after you accuse him of being a racist and god knows what else.

This arrogant b**** needs to have charges brought against her and be tossed from the House.

Has anyone actually seen what happened on video? Because I'm starting to hear the account as less of a slap and more of a push than previous accounts. More along the lines of pushing her cell phone into the guard's arm or chest.... or something like that.

But I have no idea, I was half listening to the radio when I caught that.

Either way though, she oughta get at the very least a censure for this.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 09:34 AM)
Has anyone actually seen what happened on video? Because I'm starting to hear the account as less of a slap and more of a push than previous accounts. More along the lines of pushing her cell phone into the guard's arm or chest.... or something like that.

But I have no idea, I was half listening to the radio when I caught that.

Either way though, she oughta get at the very least a censure for this.

doesnt matter if she threw a haymaker or if she poked him with her pinky finger- she still assaulted an officer of the law. the officer acted completely within his discretion and is not at fault. she should be charged and convicted.

and i dont count saying that she "regretted the situation" as an apology. she needs to personally apologize to the officer (by name) and eat some goddamn crow.

hopefully, her constituency will wise up and stop electing someone who uses american tax dollars to fly isaac hayes to Atlanta and to hold congressional hearings on who killed tupac. this woman is a frickin joke.

Edited by samclemens