Indians @ Sox - 4/2 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just about to leave!

God Damn this is awesome!

I can't believe we're going back, sitting in the same spot where we watched Paulie hit that grand-slam... it's almost still so surreal.

and i gotta say, whatever the weather does, this is shaping up to be one of the better opening days weather wise regardless. i've been to plenty of 40deg. games, i'll take 60 and moist anytime!

i'll admit, i'm a little worried that the emotion of the whole event will maybe lead us to not play our best game, but that was the hallmark of this team last year, they didn't seem to let anything get them too up or too down, so hopefully we just get a masterful start from Mark, and we go home in an hour and 45 minutes with our first W.

Go Sox!

QUOTE(rventura23 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
they better play the 2005 songs at the ball park

As long as they retire "Don't stop believing." Or at the very least, refrain from giving Steve Perry any more air time. I enjoyed that whole thing at the end of the year, but that song got quite annoying.

I'm probably alone on this one. :)

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
As long as they retire "Don't stop believing."  Or at the very least, refrain from giving Steve Perry any more air time.  I enjoyed that whole thing at the end of the year, but that song got quite annoying.

I'm probably alone on this one.  :)

I think we should leave that one as the 2005 song and not play it as much this year. I agree.

However, I expect lots of thunderstruck, that pirates song, etc. this year

Hi everyone. Should be a great game today. I wanted you all to win the World Series, but back to my old ways of wanting you to lose. Let's hope we each make the playoffs for some respect nationally.

Nevertheless let's hope its not rained out and GO TRIBE!

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
Hi everyone. Should be a great game today. I wanted you all to win the World Series, but back to my old ways of wanting you to lose. Let's hope we each make the playoffs for some respect nationally.

Welcome to the board. You guys have an outstanding team. This will be a fun year.

Welcome =). And yeah, it will be a great race this year, thanks for joining, and good luck to you.

If the Sox manage to win only one game this three game series I would want it to be tonight. Not only because it's nationally broadcasted, but I absolutely hate the unnecessary off-day tomorrow.

Anyone remember two years ago? It was funny observing Soxtalk enter an absolute frenzie, but maddening because the day seemed to drag on forever.

Honestly, as I alluded to earlier, win one game this series and I'll be content. A three game sweep from Cleveland beginning the year wouldn't be easy to dismiss, whether or not many would admit it. Avoid this scenario and I may resist pulling up choke avatars. :D

Edited by Flash Tizzle