Indians @ Sox - 4/2 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
I just got back from the game. They will get it in I'm sure. They put a message on the board that they will wait out any rain.

Why'd you leave? Don't let work or sleep get in the way of your White Sox fandom!

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
f*** that.  I need to go to bed soon.  Just cancel the damn game and have Garland (could Contreras pitch tomorrow?) go tomorrow.

How do we know the cameramen, announcers, groundcrew, ushers, etc. don't have conflicting schedules/obligations? This isn't like preparing people for a makeup game in one week, or one month in advance. Rescheduling a game for an offday so suddenly, without prior notice, will be difficult.

I wish they'd call the game. It's gonna be sloppy crapfest the rest of the way.

We don't need to pitch 7 guys tonight.

Only reason I wouldn't mind it continuing is Anderson's double. Good to see him on the board so soon.

No need for Buehrle's ERA to be this high. He'd have given up 3 runs in 7 inns if the rains hadn't hit.

Call the game.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
Technically your ERA is infinity (well, non-existant since you cant devide by zero) , but it's listed as 99.99

Gotcha, thanks.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
Why'd you leave? Don't let work or sleep get in the way of your White Sox fandom!

I'm a full season ticketholder. I saw the ceremony. The rest of the game will look better from my bed considering I have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)

Only reason I wouldn't mind it continuing is Anderson's double. Good to see him on the board so soon.

No need for Buehrle's ERA to be this high. He'd have given up 3 runs in 7 inns if the rains hadn't hit.

Call the game.

Who cares about numbers? All that matters are wins.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)

Call the game.

You're just assuming he wouldn't have given up anymore runs the rest of the way?

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
So, everyone thinks there's no chance of Buehrle going back out there?

They brought him back after a long delay last year, but its so early, and tomorrow is an off day, so overworking the bullpen would be difficult. I would be shocked if he went back out.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
How do we know the cameramen, announcers, groundcrew, ushers, etc. don't have conflicting schedules/obligations? This isn't like preparing people for a makeup game in one week, or one month in advance. Rescheduling a game for an offday so suddenly, without prior notice, will be difficult.

It is the reason they have the open date.

Hey Dick Allen:

I logged onto whitesoxinteractive.com earlier and was listening to harry caray's audio

highlight of Dick Allen's long homer to cf bleachers that just missed Harry's net.

It was good stuff.