Colorado @ Chicago - 3/30 ST Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
LOL. And? He threw Ks with better velocity, and located his curve and slider well for the most part. He has improved every outing. That's all that matters

He threw 1 at 96 and a couple at 94 according to the gun. The rest of his fastballs didn't seem to register as they read 66 and 67. You have been saying he's consistently at 94 so I don't see how you can say better velocity, and his K's were minor leaguers who swing at pitches major leaguers let go by for balls. He gave up 2 hits as well. What matters is how he pitches when the games count. From what I've seen, I wouldn't be too confident about him entering the game if the Sox had a 1-0 lead against Cleveland Sunday night going into the 9th like Shingo did last season.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Then maybe we should allow Bobby to pitch in the regular season before we start going crazy about a blown save, no?

I never went crazy about it. I was just asking questions about his velocity.

Are you a closet Indians fan? Is that why you have them in your sig?

Are you a homer? Why do you care?

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
Then maybe we should allow Bobby to pitch in the regular season before we start going crazy about a blown save, no?

Oh no no no. Spring results only matter when they help his argument. lol

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
I never went crazy about it.  I was just asking questions about his velocity.

Are you a homer?  Why do you care?

No, I'm a White Sox fan. Just wouldn't want anyone to think that you were an Indians fan. I mean if somebody read most of your posts and saw your sig that's probably what they would think.

Oh no no no. Spring results only matter when they help his argument. lol

Spring Training results matter when a guy who usually throws 99 MPH is only touching 96 and hasn't been finding the strike zone up until today. Give it a rest.

No, I'm a White Sox fan. Just wouldn't want anyone to think that you were an Indians fan. I mean if somebody read most of your posts and saw your sig that's probably what they would think.

Yep, that's it. Everyone here thinks that I'm an Indians fan. You got me pegged.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
theres alot of closers struggling this spring.  I think its a closer thing.

It was equally bad last year...lots of really good closers struggling out of the gate...most notably Rivera. Some of them just didn't get enough work in during the spring, and it took them a while to get back into "a warmup and an inning every day" shape.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
Spring Training results matter when a guy who usually throws 99 MPH is only touching 96 and hasn't been finding the strike zone up until today.  Give it a rest.

LOL. He said it would build and build. ANd it has done that. It does this every spring. But why listen to him? He doesn't know what he's talking about.

QUOTE(SouthsideBlitz @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
I'm with you man, this past week especially has been going ever so slow.

The best is when you go out to a bar (this week) to get away and kill some time till Sunday.....and what do you know, they have the replays of these games on!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. He said it would build and build. ANd it has done that. It does this every spring. But why listen to him? He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Has a Sox player EVER done anything wrong in your eyes or are they all All-Stars? Do you still miss Timo and Marte? Almost EVERYONE has questions about Jenks this year. If you're not concerned with Jenks or Thornton or whomever, that's fine, but you don't need to jump on me because I am. Jenks has looked out of shape and terrible on the mound for most of ST. Thornton has had a history of failure. I don't think that it's unreasonable to be concerned with them.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
Good god!  Can we just skip the next two games in Atlanta and start the f***ing season already?  I am so sick of spring training!

Can't wait. Gonna be a lot of fun :gosox1:

Here's to hoping we don't see too much whining the first week!!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)

Considering Bobby doesn't exactly have a history of success in professional baseball, I find it hard to trust him. Didn't he say he would be at full speed by the beginning of the season? Keep in mind Bobby has only 6 more career saves in MLB than I do. He's not a veteran who knows how to get himself prepared for the season. This was a guy who started lifting heavy weights with no supervision this offseason and who's own manager says is fat. I would be willing to bet the White Sox keep a much closer eye on him next offseason.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
Considering Bobby doesn't exactly have a history of success in professional baseball, I find it hard to trust him. Didn't he say he would be at full speed by the beginning of the season? Keep in mind Bobby has only 6 more career saves in MLB than I do. He's not a veteran who knows how to get himself prepared for the season. This was a guy who started lifting heavy weights with no supervision this offseason and who's own manager says is fat. I would be willing to bet the White Sox keep a much closer eye on him next offseason.

Couldn't agree more, what we do also know is....within those 6 saves, he hasnt had a history of failure either and if he did screw up, he came right back the next day and was nails. Considering this was proved under the most intenese spotlight is a cushion for some comfort. The questions are there, but considering how bad our closers have been to start the season over the past several years, they should be. His dominance is regained with his standing O, coming from the pen on Sunday night.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
Spring Training results matter when a guy who usually throws 99 MPH is only touching 96 and hasn't been finding the strike zone up until today.  Give it a rest.

Yep, that's it.  Everyone here thinks that I'm an Indians fan.  You got me pegged.

I think you're an Indians fan. That Boone Logan SOB, man. He's a Tribester. Or something.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 09:09 AM)
Has a Sox player EVER done anything wrong in your eyes or are they all All-Stars? 

Has a Sox player ever done anything GOOD in your eyes?

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Of course.  Our entire pitching staff was studly last season (well, minus Marte).  But is it okay to be concerned with our current bullpen?

I think a lot of people are a bit concerned with our pen but you have a history here of overreacting over certain things so whether that's in the past or not it might come back to bite you.