Durty Nellies Beerfest.

Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
An event I look forward to every year. Just a heads up for any that might be interested.

http://durtynellies.com/beerfest2006.html

Looks like a good brewer lineup.

Aside: I've been to the original Durty Nelly's at the foot of Bunratty Castle. Established in 1620, they say it's the oldest operating pub in Ireland.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
Yeah? Did you drink a Sam Adams Triple Bock whilst there by any chance? :P

D'oh!

Oops? I've also yet to tame the Beast, if that is any consolation. Not likely, I know.

I think I need an addy again, as I think the wife tossed yer box in a cleaning fit.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
D'oh!

Oops? I've also yet to tame the Beast, if that is any consolation.  Not likely, I know.

I think I need an addy again, as I think the wife tossed yer box in a cleaning fit.

No consolation needed. Just giving ya a hard time for a second there. :D

I'll PM ya an address again if you are still feeling charitable.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
Looks like a good brewer lineup.

Aside: I've been to the original Durty Nelly's at the foot of Bunratty Castle.  Established in 1620, they say it's the oldest operating pub in Ireland.

I thought the original Durty Nellie's was located at 55 N. Bothwell in Palatine. What a lovely little dump that was.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
I thought the original Durty Nellie's was located at 55 N. Bothwell in Palatine.  What a lovely little dump that was.

We had a Durty Nelly's in my town in Florida for a couple years too. Used the same color scheme as the original as well. Couldn't afford the rent the landlord was demanding – too much square footage and not enough Guinness drinkers. :angry:

I've been to this Durty Nellies. Mere stumbling distance from my house. We saw the great Pat McCurdy there a few times. We may have to check out this beerfest as well. Thanks for pointing this out.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
I've been to this Durty Nellies.  Mere stumbling distance from my house.  We saw the great Pat McCurdy there a few times.  We may have to check out this beerfest as well.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Me too. I generally end up at Crave when I am home though, cause it's open til 4. I hang out with everyone til people go home, then me and a buddy go get more drunk. I love 4am McDonald runs for whoever is most sober.