6. Minnesota Twins

7. Atlanta Braves

8. Boston Red Sox

9. Cleveland Indians

10. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

11. Colorado Rockies

12. Baltimore Orioles

13. Detroit Tigers

14. Chicago White Sox  (Championship closer Bobby Jenks heads list with outfield depth to spare.)

15. Chicago Cubs

16. Texas Rangers

17. New York Yankees

18. San Francisco Giants

19. Pittsburgh Pirates

20. Houston Astros

21. St. Louis Cardinals

22. Philadelphia Phillies

23. Kansas City Royals

24. Washington Nationals

25. Toronto Blue Jays

26. Oakland Athletics

27. Seattle Mariners

28. New York Mets

29. San Diego Padres

30. Cincinnati Reds

How we ranked from 2005-2001:

2005: 12

2004: 20

2003: 15

2002: 9

2001: 1

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 02:40 AM)
Of course,  you do have to wonder where we'd stand without B.A. and Jenks being counted.  We'll find out next year I'm sure.

I hope we get a good draft this year, we could use it.  At least we haven't had to sacrifice any picks to sign FA's.

Well with Josh Fields, Sweeney, Broadway, Liotta, Lumsden, Valido and possibly Salvador Sanchez or Gomes... we might look pretty good. And maybe if Francisco Hernandez has a good year he will be rated pretty high.

We will learn a lot about our system as we get Lummy back and see guys like Broadway/Cunnigham/Brooks/Richards/Getz develop. I am quite confident that we had a very good draft last year.

Plus we can see if Wes Whisler can somehow develop as well as if our stud catcher can figure it out in full season this team around.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 05:29 AM)
I can't see how Arizona is ahead of the Dodgers.  Sure,  they're loaded with hitting prospects.  But who do they have pitching wise?  The Dodgers are loaded with pitching and hitting.

Id say because Arizona's hitting prospects are just that good... of their like top 5-6 that get all the pub... Chris Young is prob the worse and he would of been our top prospect.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
Id say because Arizona's hitting prospects are just that good... of their like top 5-6 that get all the pub... Chris Young is prob the worse and he would of been our top prospect.

They are that good. I just would think the team loaded with pitching AND hitting would be ranked over the team loaded with just hitting. That's just me, though. This is really no big deal.

I get excited watching the young players, but have long since believed that any would actually have an impact on their mlb team. With trades, rule 5, and baseball economics, developing a great farm system means having potential to trade for mlb-ready-this-moment needs.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
Hey jas, speaking of Anaheim, is Chris Bootcheck going to make that team?  He's from a town over from me, and I remember his HS days well.

Not to start the year.

Chris Bootcheck went 3-0 with an 0.71 earned-run average this spring, giving up one run and 11 hits in 12 2/3 innings, striking out 10 and walking one in eight relief appearances, and pitching coach Bud Black said the 27-year-old right-hander has "thrown as well as I've ever seen him."

But after striking out two of the three batters he faced in Wednesday's 8-4 exhibition victory over the Chicago Cubs, Bootcheck, a 2000 first-round pick who signed for $1.8 million, was reassigned to minor league camp. He will open the season at triple-A Salt Lake, where he has spent most of the last four seasons.

"I feel like I've done everything I can do," said Bootcheck, who shuttled between Salt Lake and Anaheim three times in 2005. "I feel like I'm ready for the big leagues."

Just not with the Angels, who have one of baseball's best rotations and a deep, veteran bullpen.

"It's a classic case of a guy who is deserving but is caught up in a situation where he has good pitchers in front of him," Black said. "What makes our staff so good is we have guys like Chris behind them. It's good for the organization but tough for him."

It's natural for a player such as Bootcheck, in his sixth professional season with only 57 days of big-league service time, to think he'd be better off somewhere else.

But Bootcheck has suppressed those thoughts, concentrating instead on adjusting to a relief role, improving the sinking action on his two-seam fastball, the depth of his slider and his overall command.

"Other teams have different needs, and things can happen quick," Bootcheck said. "You have to be ready. There's no reason to be bitter about anything. It's tough not to be, but as long as you have a uniform on, someone is always watching you."

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
Hey jas, speaking of Anaheim, is Chris Bootcheck going to make that team?  He's from a town over from me, and I remember his HS days well.

He's finally made some progress, but I have my doubts as to whether he'll ever stick in Anaheim. He's definately been a big bust. IIRC a few years back his stuff kind of dissapeared and he's never quite been the same. He's been solid in the minors, but nothing amazing.

Supposed to be a hard worker though. He's in trouble though because the Angels got at least a few other guys ahead of him on the list, but Bootcheck could make a spot start if someone goes down (although I think that will be Weaver's job) or fit into the back of the pen if someone goes down.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
I can't see how Arizona is ahead of the Dodgers.  Sure,  they're loaded with hitting prospects.  But who do they have pitching wise?  The Dodgers are loaded with pitching and hitting.

Well we don't have many pitching prospects I do like 2 Garrett Mock and Dustin Nippert. That Tucson team will be a bear the first 2 or so months