Joe Borchard update?

jenksd

QUOTE(jenksd @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 12:55 AM)
I checked the Mariners website and they have spring training stats, but I'm guessing his stats are half Sox stats. Does anyone know how he's played in ST for them so far?

One thing is for sure: He's no Matt Thornton. :P

Edited by Rowand44

He has had a couple of good games, but overall (with the Mariners):

.226 AVG, .304 OBP, .492 SLG

31 ABs, 7 Hits, 4 Runs, 2 HRs, 7 RBI, 1 BB, 10 K

He did make the team however, which is good for him:

As a result, two players who were not in camp when spring training started, first baseman Roberto Petagine and outfielder Joe Borchard, will make the team.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/springt...ives/102249.asp

Edited by RME JICO

I for one am hoping he gets traded to Florida. He could end up being the most perplexing player in the history of fantasy baseball. Can you imagine having to consider a CF'er who hits 185 with 30 homers and 30 steals? It'd be insane. I just want to see him get 600 at bats some place and it might not be Seattle where that happens but then it could be. Florida would be a good spot and the Pirates have wanted him for a long time although they have no place for him

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
I for one am hoping he gets traded to Florida. He could end up being the most perplexing player in the history of fantasy baseball. Can you imagine having to consider a CF'er who hits 185 with 30 homers and 30 steals? It'd be insane. I just want to see him get 600 at bats some place and it might not be Seattle where that happens but then it could be. Florida would be a good spot and the Pirates have wanted him for a long time although they have no place for him

It was fortunate for Borchard that Reed broke his wrist, because Seattle is going to have to give him some at bats now. Its up to Joe to prove himself now, he has his chance in a new place. Now he has to show what he has got.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 10:40 AM)
It was fortunate for Borchard that Reed broke his wrist, because Seattle is going to have to give him some at bats now.  Its up to Joe to prove himself now, he has his chance in a new place.  Now he has to show what he has got.

Reed did not break his wrist.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)

Interesting thought. I could see it though, only problem for Joe, the Marlins would be the only team where he would warrant a fantasy pickup.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)

In what universe would Borchard get 30 steals? He's never had more than 6 in a year in his minor league career.